Konvulz - Hurt Right Now - Melodic DnB (FFO: Netsky, Camo & Krooked)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by konvulz, Aug 13, 2014.

1. konvulz

konvulz New Member

Hey all, I was hoping to get some critique on the mixdown of my latest track "Hurt Right Now". General feedback is always welcome! I'm trying to improve on everything for my next tune, which is almost ready to be mixed!

Thanks! (Free download, btw.)

- Konvulz

2. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

Dope idea, but drums could use some more work. Especially these intro drums. I would make that lead pad a lil bit louder. Overall I liked the flow and feeling, did even remind commercial tracks, keep it up!

3. mnty

mnty New Member

Really like this! That little vocal sample is awesome man I love it. I'm a massive fan of C&K and this does make me think of them (their old stuff at least)

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I disagree about the drums I think they sound fine. In fact I think the whole track is pretty awesome. I think the only thing that is missing are those little stereo detail that make a good song better.

5. konvulz

konvulz New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys! A couple people on Soundcloud told me I should have made the track go a little more nuts at certain points (I took that as meaning I should have built up to some heavier bass or breaks parts). And I definitely need to work on stereo imaging/panning techniques. I admit, I'm not super experienced in that area of mixing! Will take all these suggestions into account now, as I'm mixing down my latest tune!

6. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

yeah pretty cool track, i like it. Except the snare, i dunno sounds a bit dull.