DnB Konee - Forever

hey konee, this is a very decent, nicely rolling tune .. i like it a lot!
it flows well, drums sound nice, good breaks, good compositions & arrangement.
most important (what I still need to learn) .. your mix/master is loud and clear -- quality sound!
here is what i would change: bring vocals more into front and add some variations.
they sound good and deserve a bit more presence within the song.
also, personally i would add more punch to the mix, i think it still sounds a bit flat.
but again, i might be wrong on this .. my mixes always sound distorted when i try to add more punch/drive.
overall a very good song .. good work !! cheers from tokyo ! (y):rasta:

yeah i could agree it sounds not kinda right from my yamahas, high end is a little weak but overall it sounds good and compsed even better!! keep it up

Cheers guys, I had similar thoughts about adding more punch a couple of weeks after I finished this one. Unfortunately my harddrive crashed meanwhile and I lost the project file...
@maschinistom what's your usual channel strip in mastering?

hi konee, lost the file .. that sucks! no safety copy?
since I'm on NI platform I tend to use a lot of KOMPLETE ULTIMATE 10 plugins, I like Transient Master and Supercharger GT a lot.
Additionally, I use external plugins such as VClip, TDR NOVA, LimiterZ - all free plugins that sound very very solid.
However, as you can hear in most of my tracks my mastering is far from decent .. it's my weakest point and I'm trying to improve on it.
Still trying to find a way to achieve a loud & punchy mix that still sounds crystal clear .. very hard to do! Cheers !

I really like your tunes and I think you're not that far away from what you're after.
Getting familiar with mid/side processing (especially eq's) was a big step for me soundwise. That's actually affects mixdown aswell.. Do you use those tools? What do you think which plug-in causes the distortion-problem you where talking about?

Back
Top Bottom