DnB Komski - Side FX ( dark rolling drum and bass)

Komski

Hi guys, ive just introduced myself in the introduce yourself section. This is my first effort at producing .As with all music of this caliber don't even try to listen through laptop speakers as you'll miss 80% of the sound . headphones and decent sound systems only :)

I'm Komski and this is my first tune Side FX

http://soundcloud.com/komski/side-fx

or

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/ArtistPage.aspx?bandid=26995 as a free download

some constructive critisicm would be great !! as im very new to music making ( 5 months experience )

Last edited:
All my gear is packed up at the moment as I'm in the middle of moving house. I understand my first tune is too dark for most of you guys , but the next tune I'm working on is alot more minimal but intelligent. hopefully if i post that one ill get some feedback lol,

I actually listened to it few days ago and forgot to feedback.

So, its pretty cool for a first tune really, it has an ambiance and a style. If this is really ur first effort at producing i'm impressed, its really good for a first try.
I like the vocals.

Maybe add more variation?

I actually listened to it few days ago and forgot to feedback.

So, its pretty cool for a first tune really, it has an ambiance and a style. If this is really ur first effort at producing i'm impressed, its really good for a first try.
I like the vocals.

Maybe add more variation?

Thanks for the comments , To be honest this tune kinda got rushed out the door. A mate kept badgering me to make him a CD , so i put this up to shut him up . I'm only 80% satisfied with it . I'll probably go back to it when I'm a bit more experienced, as i agree it needs more variation. As for your music mate I thinks its awesome :) and I'm now following you on soundcloud . I love the bass in horror it reminds me of an old ep i had back in the nineties. I'd be very interested if you could pm me on how i can achieve a bass line like that. cheers

Last edited:
Has quite an old school flavour to it. Breaks are nice and clean and vocals sampling is great. I find it kinda boring could do with more progression. As a first tune though its pretty damn good.

Keep it up :)

Thanks for the comments , To be honest this tune kinda got rushed out the door. A mate kept badgering me to make him a CD , so i put this up to shut him up . I'm only 80% satisfied with it . I'll probably go back to it when I'm a bit more experienced, as i agree it needs more variation. As for your music mate I thinks its awesome :) and I'm now following you on soundcloud . I love the bass in horror it reminds me of an old ep i had back in the nineties. I'd be very interested if you could pm me on how i can achieve a bass line like that. cheers

Thanks :) Sure i'll pm you but your gonna be disappointed :D

Not bad man, really like the kick/bass in the first part of the track. I think it takes a bit too long to drop though maybe? Sounding good though, maybe try chopping those breaks around a bit. Nice one

Not bad man, really like the kick/bass in the first part of the track. I think it takes a bit too long to drop though maybe? Sounding good though, maybe try chopping those breaks around a bit. Nice one

I know what you mean about the drop i could bring it in much quicker, the intro is a little slow . the next tune i've started on i've been slicing breaks to midi and chopping them up . but sadly all my gear has been packed up for a while now , and as of 2nite we are living with the inlaws for a bit until we can move into our new house which could be upto a month :(

Nice, I like it. Nice and dark, just some more variation would be good just with the drums. I like it, though. Good first track. :D

Hey mate I'm no pro but i think maybe change that bassline up a bit maybe a bit more variation. U could automate the cutoff to rise up every now and then?? And maybe add some stalls and more
Fx.. Keep up the work :)

Also the intro where the drums start and you have the bass running full instead maybe tease the bass in to add surprise even just hi pass the main line ?? I dunno man.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I'll go back and edit this track once I've got another one out the door. It's a steep learning curve for me at the moment, with very little experience it all takes time. I'll get there in the end . Thanks for the comments though ill take them all in and try to shake things up a bit on my next tune :)

Back
Top Bottom