Komplete audio 6 not working with windows 7 + other questions

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
In a bit of a pcikle at the moment....

Recently bought mention audio interface which when working is realy good, very impressed, but the drivers aren't windows 7 signed or something, and so now as soon as I plug it in I get the BSOD! Anyone have this problem?

To be honest it's making me rethink about getting a windows system, I can't stand the problems you seem to get with PC's crashing etc... I'm contemplating rebooting it installing windows again and selling it and putting it towards a Mac.

Anyone here running a Mac, what sort of specs Am I going to need to run various DAW's, will be dabbling in studio one, logic... and is it best to bite the bullet and buy one brand new?

I just read in another thread about trouble with NI interfaces with windows 7, it's studio discussion thread check it out.

In regards to the Mac, the spec wont be any different to a windows PC, you want a good processor I5 or higher and plenty of RAM, 4Gb should be good,

You can still encounter problems on a mac though, they are not as smooth as people think they are. I'm running pro tools on an imac and to be honest it's not great, very buggy, I'm thinking of switching to Logic to see if that helps much.

They look cools as fuck though :)

Have you checked to make sure you're not plugging you audio interface into a USB 3.0 input? The majority of audio interfaces have been known not to play nicely with USB 3.0.

Contact Native Instruments, they should be able to find the right driver for you, also make sure that your Windows is uptodate, and your audio drivers

the whole idea that Mac's are more reliable than PC is a myth

I'll try using the other USB ports, I think my laptop is USB 2.0 thought not 3...

JReilly you are right you can encounter problems too but on my MAC (Core 2 Duo MBP) I never had any problems and probably only crashed once or twice the whole time I used it, whereas I've had nothing but trouble with my Asus U46s, good specs and a nice machine just not making my life easy!

Cheers miszt I'll try and contact them, I've searched onlinje and people have had the same problems, with no solutions as far as I can see... frustrating!

I dont think Audio 6 is compatible with windows 7. I've tried for weeks to resolve the issue, even native instruments havent been able to help. I've updated drivers, firmware, windows, changed buffer settings pretty much everything... no joy... windows 7 sucks balls

I dont think Audio 6 is compatible with windows 7. I've tried for weeks to resolve the issue, even native instruments havent been able to help. I've updated drivers, firmware, windows, changed buffer settings pretty much everything... no joy... windows 7 sucks balls

NI sucks balls for not getting their drivers sorted (win7 has been out for over 3 years ffs), there are some problems with Mac and NI interfaces aswell

I think from the what ive been reading its more a compatibility issue with AMD processors. Basically 64bitAMDWindows7 systems never work with NI interfaces. My mate runs a 64bitWindows7 IntelI5 laptop and it runs the hardware no problem...

mine is intel i5, pissed off... going to sell it and get something else!

Ahh man that sucks, i thought it was solely AMD processors that are incompatible.. Last resort try to see if any of your system drivers are out of date, there are some software u can download that checks the state of ur current drivers and tells you which ones are out of date. Then update them and see if that works.

mine is intel i5, pissed off... going to sell it and get something else!

in the meantime...have you checked the system logs since it last worked? there might be a clue there. maybe rollback/update your USB drivers too in Device Manager, worth trying older versions of the NI drivers aswell

also is the interface powered by USB or does it have a wall plug? if its powered by USB, it could be a power issue, or maybe windows has just got a bit confused and wont reload the drivers on that particular usb port (happens sumtimes), try diffrent USB sockets, usually they are in pairs, also try it with only the interface plugged into the USB pair to keep the current from overloading the hub (rare that this happens on a desktop PC tho).

in the meantime...have you checked the system logs since it last worked? there might be a clue there. maybe rollback/update your USB drivers too in Device Manager, worth trying older versions of the NI drivers aswell

also is the interface powered by USB or does it have a wall plug? if its powered by USB, it could be a power issue, or maybe windows has just got a bit confused and wont reload the drivers on that particular usb port (happens sumtimes), try diffrent USB sockets, usually they are in pairs, also try it with only the interface plugged into the USB pair to keep the current from overloading the hub (rare that this happens on a desktop PC tho).

will try this out mate thanks a lot! it is USB btw

I'm on win7 and use a komplete audio 6 as well, make sure its not a usb 3.0, as previously mentioned. Even still I will get BSODs normally if I leave my DAW open over night, it won't happen immediately but after trying to restart as the USB LED on the audio6 will blink forcing me to reboot (powering it down or unplug/plugin the USB doesn't do the trick). Sometimes I do notice loud crackles out of the interface as well if I've had the machine up for awhile, only resolution is, you guessed it, reboot.

I would think NI would have fixed such but so far no luck. Majority of the time the BSOD is: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Back
Top Bottom