Kolendo - Melting Minds | liquid dnb

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by KolendoMusic, Jan 27, 2013.

1. KolendoMusic

KolendoMusic Dalek King

Usually I produce uk garage, thought I'd delve into liquid funk again for a while.
    This piece is almost finished, please let me know what you think of the clip! :)

2. specter

specter Member

Nice mix. To me, something about the snare sounds a bit weird though. I think it might be one of the higher frequencies that slightly hurts (I guess especially when turned up really loud). Maybe you find something to cut there with a notch filter or a low-pass. Wait for more feedback though. :)

3. KolendoMusic

KolendoMusic Dalek King

I'll try taking off a perc hit that overlaps with the snares, see how it sounds. Are you using monitors or headphones?
    Thanks for the feedback :)

4. specter

specter Member

Headphones. :) But I usually mix with this headphones and listen to a lot of music; so I know them quite well. If you are not hearing it at all, then maybe it's just me. ;)
    It's nothing severe anyway, just something that I recognised immediately when I heard it.

5. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

Some really nice elements in there, the bleepy synths and the subtle vocal chops especially I like. It sounds a little dry in parts to me though, like some reverb on the pads n bass noises could be nice...maybe a little distortion too

6. KolendoMusic

KolendoMusic Dalek King

Thank you :) I've been working on a new bassline already actually, it's too static and flat I think.