Kolendo - Flow Back (WIP/Clip) :: Liquid Funk :: Please pick apart my mix?

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
hi. nice track. very liquid, well flowing. good arrangement, too. not too minimal nor overloaded.
the only thing I have is the hats. some high freq. seems messy in this. i prefer the hats beings shinier.
maybe you want to look into that. otherwise, cool track :2thumbs:

Kolendo

sounding very well. like this vibes and beats! vocal so pretty.
nice tune mate :)

Thanks for listening :) Glad you like it

hi. nice track. very liquid, well flowing. good arrangement, too. not too minimal nor overloaded.
the only thing I have is the hats. some high freq. seems messy in this. i prefer the hats beings shinier.
maybe you want to look into that. otherwise, cool track :2thumbs:

Good to hear I'm getting some things right at least haha thank you for the feedback :p
I think you're right about the hats though, the samples I used are just not clear enough.

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
overall sounds really good, like the vibe.

The kick seems to get lost at the start of each 8/16, maybe play with the sub and raise the attack, or you could try sidechaining the sub/kick slightly.

I think you mentioned you'll be adding some more drum layers, it needs a touch of switching up and I agree with the hats could be more natural sounding, they don't sound really bad though! love the musical samples you have in there, should sound great once finished :)

Kolendo

The kick seems to get lost at the start of each 8/16, maybe play with the sub and raise the attack, or you could try sidechaining the sub/kick slightly. I think you mentioned you'll be adding some more drum layers, it needs a touch of switching up and I agree with the hats could be more natural sounding, they don't sound really bad though! love the musical samples you have in there, should sound great once finished :)

Thank you, I had a blast making this! I think the problem with the kick you mentioned is because I tried switching it up a bit by using a different top end sample on the last kick of a phrase and the first as well, but I guess it's not sounding the way I hoped it would! I'll see if it's just an attack/sidechain issue though.

Honestly the cymbals/top loop are really driving me nuts. I find them to be the hardest part of making a good dnb break. Anyone who wants to drop me some great advice or tutorials I'd be thrilled :P

Top Bottom