DnB Koashy - 80 min Studio Mix (free 320kbps DL)

IFTN

Koashy - 80 min 3 Deck Studio Mix

Recently moved to Berlin and needed a new promo mix to send out here, plus Kerb Clothing are doing a competition in association with Footprints and Dispatch Recordings which I wanted to enter so I recorded this mix. First hour is deep and techy with long rolling mixes, last half an hour or so is a bit heavier with more quick mixes/teases/double drops. I know there's a lot of tracks in there but don't worry, the mix isn't too cluttered (it's really tempting to forget how important space with 3 decks!!) This mix is definitely suited for dnb heads, people who know the tracks will get more out of this (lots of subtle stuff going on in there). I've included most of my favourite/ the biggest tracks from 2012, as well as a couple of classics, but mixed in a way I at least consider to be interesting and unique. Tracklist is below, hope you enjoy this as much as I did making it!

Survival and Ant TC1 - Locked (feat. Christina Nicola) [Dispatch]
Dub Phizix - Codec [Critical]
Zero Method - MNML (feat. MC Mecha) [Fallout]
Sabre, Stray & Halogenix - St Clair [Critical]
Rockwell - Constantcomplexrhythmicsound [Shogun]
The Upbeats & Noisia - Blindfold [Non Vogue]
Krakota & Judda - Sooty [Integral]
Zero T & Beta 2 - Chestplate [Footprints]
Ulterior Motive & Hybris - Bring Out [Subtitles]
Mortem - Revolta [Demand]
Xtrah - Soundclash [Critical]
Enei - Thin Line [Critical]
Need For Mirrors - Limits of Control (feat. Edward Oberon) [Clear Skyz]
Sunchase - Moulded (Cutworks remix ) [Drone]
Octane & DLR - Back in the Grind (Dabs & Cern remix) [Dispatch]
Hybris - The Blinds [Dispatch]
Need For Mirrors - Ebonics [Zoltar]
Break - Framework [Symmetry]
Octane, DLR & Survival - Transition VIP [Dispatch]
Zero Method - Command Four [Red Light]
Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem remix) [Ingredients]
EBK - Clouds [Renegade Hardware]
Survival & Fathom Audio- The Year 2133 [Dispatch]
Dabs & Safire - Hideout [Avantgarde]
Octane, DLR & EBK - Zulu Fade [Dispatch]
Amoss - Tripped [Horizons]
Emperor - Monolith [Critical]
Ulterior Motive & FD - Drum circle [Subtitles]
Optiv & BTK - Whatever (Mefjus remix) [Dutty Audio]
Royalston - The Bearer [Bad Taste]
Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Half Man (feat. Sparkz) [Samurai]
Break - Something New (Xtrah remix) [Symmetry]
Amit - Killer Driller [Metalheadz]
Prolix - On Like That (feat. MC Coppa) [Playaz]
Break - Kicked to Death [Symmetry]
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub [Virus]
BTK - Drop It (Optiv remix) [Dutty Audio]
Noisia - Friendly Intentions [Vision]
Phace - Stresstest [Neosignal]
Octane & DLR - Murmur (feat. Break) [Dispatch]
Chris SU - F.A.T.E [Subtitles]
Gerra & Stone - Droneheads [Alignment]
DJ Fresh - The Gatekeeper [RAM]
DBridge - True Romance [Metalheadz Platinum]
Mampi Swift - Gangster [Charge]
Dom & Roland - Goliath [DRP]
Konflict - Messiah (Noisia remix) [Renegade Hardware]

Last edited:
hope you enjoy it :) any other takers? would've thought this was right up most of the people on here's street!

BUMP.

even if you don't want to listen to it, it would be nice if someone could explain why this is getting no replies while other (quite similar) mixes are getting pages of them? i guess it's because i don't have a very high post count, but i don't really see why that should affect the quality of my mixes! and i know it doesn't sound like it, but believe me i mean all of this in the least bitter way - i'm just curious!

Last edited:
It cos so many mixes get put up here. Spend time listening and feeback-ing others and youll get the same back.

makes sense, will get on it! already left feedback on a few mixes that i've had the time to listen to but unfortunately can't spend nearly as much time as i'd like to checking all these out :( (damn you non drum and bass related obligations!!)

I don't really post on here, but I have to say this mix is quality. Love the way you brought St Clair in, same for Chubrub as well. Thanks for sharing it

Hey IFTN. Haven't forgot about returning the favour on some feedback for your mix. I'm at Driller Killer & couldn't finish the mix off at work today. Next chance I get to listen through the rest, I will. Feedback is shaping up nicely

Re: Koashy - 80 min 3 Deck Studio Mix

Quality tracklist from the outset IFTN. Not usually overly keen on mixes greater than 60 mins, but with 1 of the highest tunes to minutes ratio I've seen in recent months, it looks very interesting.

Liked where you brought Codec in with Locked. No hanging around, straight in with proceedings. MNML came flying in out of nowhere, easing the energy up nicely. Really liked the complimenting funky wobbles between MNML & St Clair. Wasn't completely sold on that mix when it first started merging, but had grown to like it towards the tail end of that blend. CCRM came in well & felt the same vibes for this mix as the mix before (not a fan of the mix at first). Big up for including Sooty in ya mix, such a deep roller + letting it roll out was a good touch. I know a lot of big name dj's play complete sets of tunes switched at the drop, but tend to steer clear of large switched sections if it was me. Also wicked to hear Bring Out where it is in the mix. Still trying to find something that jells well with it for something special I'm planning. Revolta rolled in for an immense flow of energy at this point. Back In The Grind rmx - The Blinds worked well on the tail end of their mixes, but wasn't feeling where The Blinds came in or where Ebonics came in (the breakdown). Try keeping the energy in the main part of the tune going through the mix. Ebonics - Framework felt like a good mix, but Ebonics tended to get overpowered by Framework. Framework - Transition vip was a nice.... transition. The drum structure in Transition stepping well off the tail end of Framework.

Not heard Command Four before. Quite a nice tune as well as the mix with Jaipur, wicked wobbles in Jaipur with the bass roll in Command Four. More respect for playing Clouds in your mix. Possibly the best tune that year & off that album. Wanted it SO much & with no cdj's, got a dubplate of it cut :) Wasn't too sure if 2133 was peaking in & out of the mix with Clouds, but it was & really enjoyed that. Not to fond of the Hideout mix out of Clouds. Just sounded a bit like here's this tune, now here's that tune, but I do like Hideout & should really picked it up. Love the Hand Gestures vibe in that tune :) & the mix with Zulu Fade is wicked. The vocal of Hideout blending SO well with the voice snippets in Zulu Fade just before it drops worked a peach. Would have preferred to hear the mix more with Tripped, but the mix with Monolith made up for that. The wooping notes of Monolith floating along with Tripped. Drum Circle build well where you were bringing it in, was hoping it was being lined up for a double, but to no avail. Proper liked The Bearer - Half Man - Something New rmx section. Royaston's tunes are really forward thinking & I like the way Half Man surprised me in the mix when I thought it had disappeared, right back in there. The mix with Half Man - Something New rmx was spot on as well. Half time drums in Driller Killer worked a treat with Coppa's vocals in the intro of On Like That. Kicked To Death came in well & really bounced with the beat of On Like That. That mix was a beast + the way you brought Chubrub into On Like That as Danzilla mentioned was quality.

Drop It rmx - Friendly Intentions mix was also quality, the stomping beat of Friendly Intentions really complimenting the rolling filth of Drop It & vocals peaking through. Not a fan of Stresstest, just a bit too metallic for me. Enjoyable intro of Murmur eased in nicely, but would have preferred to hear the mix as opposed to the switch. Its a quality tune, just think it works even better with other tunes. Also not a fan of FATE or another switch, but that's just personal preference. Nice to hear Droneheads in the mix, must start playing that again, but another switch? & another switch for Gatekeeper, but seeing as its setting up True Romance, its ok. Also not really feeling Gangster & putting it in the tracklist. Just doesn't really fit the whole feel of all the other tunes you've played up till now. Messiah rmx was a cool end to the mix. Still a wicked tune & probably will never tire of listening to it.

All in all, a pretty wicked ride. Tight mixing & a quality tracklist makes for a good mix. Looking forward to your next one man. Maybe an hour long next time?

mother of god this mix :o

listening to this at the moment...near the end. i could write down all th parts i liked, but instead i'm just saying this mix is fucking siiick.

Amit - Killer Driller [Metalheadz]
Prolix - On Like That (feat. MC Coppa) [Playaz]
Break - Kicked to Death [Symmetry]
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub [Virus]
BTK - Drop It (Optiv remix) [Dutty Audio]

getting really hot around that part

but yeah about getting replies part. it matters how long you've been here and how much you've posted and feedbacked others. that's basically it. think about it...if you say you don't have time to check mixes, then why should others have that time to check yours? ;)

Thanks for the response and feedback guys, glad you enjoyed it!!! Thanks especially The Watcha, you pointed out like half of the things i wasn't perfectly happy with about this mix, plus some others that i hadn't even thought about yet. really useful feedbaack, thank you. and yeah the next one will be an hour, this one originally was but there were just some extra tunes i wanted to stick in there at the end (hence why the mixing of them isn't as good.. probably should have just left them for my next mix tbh)

Back
Top Bottom