knowing when to drop tunes for a double drop (long intros)...

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by EvezDroppin, Jan 18, 2012.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

ez fellas.

just wondeirng when u guys plan a mix do u go as far as knowing exactly when to drop ur track in in relation to the part of the track or do you just read the vinyl...

only reason I ask is when I'm planning a mix I might have tunes with a 64 bar intro for example, sometimes I find its hard to read vinyl as the width is not uniform on all tunes for 16 bars.

I realise for some tunes there are obvious elements at 16 or 32 bars into the intro of the track (bass filled kick for example) and I do on occasion fast forward to drop points for some tunes..

:mrpanic:

2. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

Yeah man the bars on the record get bigger towards the centre as the circles are getting smaller, I try to mix so that as I take a tune of and get the next one on and am able to drop at the next available drop so no time is wasted and the tunes still double drop.

To many drops in that last part but I hope you understand what I mean

3. Fire starter

Fire starter Active Member

If I'm playing a three deck mix I plan exactly where to release the tune to get re double drop.

If I'm playing ragga jungle I just do it on the fly but I know all my ragga tunes inside out so it sounds just as good as a well planned set.

4. WhoSayReload?

WhoSayReload? Well-Known Member

If you're using vinyl you could set up cue points on the track using stickers.

5. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

I usually try and plan some doubles etc.. But usually go off the cuff after the first few tunes

6. ZackMRG

ZackMRG Circles are Pointless

I know all my tunes inside and out, but I do have a massive OCD with certain things and that being one of them.

'Vault' is a perfect example, 5 phrase intro but the drums kick in with 3 phrases to go, always drop the needle to that point and cue it up from there, 5 phrases is just too much to double drop...