Know of anything I can do to help my current latency issue!?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey again,

I just loaded up Cubase for a blast. First time in a while actually! (I tried last night but my computer was in a mood I think :lol:)

My computer is running generally slower than usual at the moment...

Anyways, I am using ASIO4ALL (Have to) and am running at 2048 samples to reduce as many glitches as I can. This usually worked all fine and dandy but it is having none of it. The moment I play a note on my midi keyboard the whole thing just goes berserk! Anyone know if there is anything I can do at all?

Cheers

What computer specs do you have? I had the same problems when Nexus came out back in '07. Back then I used a P4 running at 2.2 gHz with 512 MB RAM. The problem was that I couldn't seam to muster out enough power in my computer.

The problem was, and still is, that I love Nexus a lot. So what I did first was to limit polyphony to 4 the lowest when I worked on the song, then had to reset the value back to the default upon export. It didn't work very well. The next thing was to buy an external sound card, an EMU 0404 USB that I still use today, to lift off the audio processing from the computer. This helped to some extent. Reinstalled Windows and started anew. Still lacked the oomph I needed. So I bought a new computer that I still use today. A Core Duo 3300 with 2 GB RAM.

So what you need to take note on is the plugins you use and to check it's minimal system recommendations, the sequencer you use and check it's minimal system recommendations. I hope this helps you out a bit.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the replies both of you :)

I think my laptop was just being all moody! (It has been overheating recently, it was actually really hot when I had these issues which I didn't realise, this was causing it to have to work harder and run generally slowly)

Everything seems as it was now :) Although, I will look into an interface to take the strain of for sure. I have been wanting to do this for a while now!

Good idea. It is also my experience that a desktop puter handles the strain much better than a laptop does since a laptop is so cramped, which means that the air doesn't flow as good. I have a laptop that I use very little myself due to the overheating issue it has.

Correct there mate! A desktop would be much better for producing but I don't have a desktop! In fact, if I ever get a job and start making some cash I might have to get myself an ideal little set up ! :)

Back
Top Bottom