inception ep
invisible 004
fortress vip
no
cloak and dagger
panic girl - blue lights dbridge refix
last chance saloon

just fyi

bar a few, i don't think it's that bad of a selection. But what the fuck are flux and doctor p doing in the list???

Each to their own of course but
1. I have never heard that doctor p & flux pavillion track and I guess no one caring/interested in d&b had heard of it either...
2. I mean economically/fuzz speaking where are tracks like Marka, Dreadnaught, (Any noisia), Garden Remix, Wilkinson? I mean I'm not into most of noisia's output bar invisible and their deeper tracks but seriously tracks like Program sold like shit, was on 1 everywhere? I didn't really like any wilko either but Overdose was on 1 for weeks!?

Sigma - The Jungle on 1 or is it that doctor p track? Each to their own of course but this list is far away from what people bought / were hyped about.

i don't know where they get their ideas from

dear kmag, top 20 should be:

amoss - spectrum ep
way of the warrior
ritual / old heads
prague connection ep
marka
editor
mob justice
sequence one ep
telsa / seven segments
stonehead ep
silo / the enemy
recipe book
program
inception ep
invisible 004
fortress vip
no
cloak and dagger
panic girl - blue lights dbridge refix
last chance saloon

just fyi
No Dreadnaught?

Wow! I was ready to be disappointed but it looks like kmag are moving closer to my tastes. Jungly sounding tunes used to get such a patronising response from dnb magazines not sure what's happened. I now feel less marginalised than I used to. Nice one jsmith...

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

And big up to Benny Page for stepping back into the arena! :lighter:

yeah seriously tho - why is there a dubstep tune at number 20.. can someone explain that?

this list is prob aimed at everyone

proper dnb headz don't need lists and ranking.

what a joke. honestly all the big labels (ram, hospital, bbk, id almost add shogun) have had a fail year in general. its been all about the rise and domination of smaller labels.
imo this years been huge for dnb but theyre is no doubt theyre are far too many big labels releasing the most boring generic drum n bass which is on par with dubstep for its un-inventiveness.
thankfully some labels still stand for what drum n bass and jungle is all about, forward thinking experimental bass and sample heavy music

I was browsing some tracks and pressed play on two songs that i haven't had heard of and they were dubstep tracks? I don't think its hard to make diffrence between a dubstep and drum and bass track. It is a "drum and bass top20" right?

It's odd. Needs more RAM (or at least different tunes) and definitely much more deep stuff. And some tunes in there are just pure joke. Anyways still better than their Top 10 D&B Producers of 2011, won by Camo & Krooked (and no Enei, Wilkinson or Optiv & BTK).

what a joke. honestly all the big labels (ram, hospital, bbk, id almost add shogun) have had a fail year in general.

Lol each to their own, but Ram has smashed it this year for me.

Ram 100 (Stomp, No Reality, Machine, Minus, Refuge)
Protection / Ohrwurm
Berlin / Hit the Ground
Touch Me / Get Into It
Every Time / Overdose
Tonight / Pistol Whip
Basher album (Androids, Transmission Xerox)
Gatekeeper / Mission to Mars
Nightlife EP 3 (Footloose, Lunar Bass, Onslaught)
Creeper
Brainstorm / Echoes

Didn't even know it was possible to release so many good tunes in one year, but Ram did it. I know it is not all to all peoples tastes, but I don't think you can deny how massive that list is. Sure they released shit like the Delta Heavy single and the other half of the Fresh EP, but still. I only see Critical being up there with them.

Back
Top Bottom