Kmag Top 20 Drum & Bass Tunes Of The Decade

The list had loads of great artists but with poor songs

Chase and Status- hurt you, should have been Is it worth it VIP

High contrast should have been kiss kiss bang bang

Sub focus- Airplane should have been Special place

Pendulum well....... i dont know where to start

And what about Spor, J Majlk, Danny Byrd, VIP, Qemists?

That list fustrates me :rinsed:

lol mate your just too young

hurt you was a stupidly big anthem, if anything i would substitute it with in love, is it worth it vip has only really just come out lol

when the list started you were only 6 man,

^ yeah whos VIP?

together should have been on there, I really dont like the VIP of it though.. original was perfect.

airplane should have def been swamp thing.

swamp thing does my head in, well over rated IMO
airplane was a big tune for me, i prefered flamenco though
prefer flamenco, druggy, airplane, x ray, special place, ghost, lost highway, aliens rmx, smack my bitch up rmx, soundguy, acid test, timewarp, follow the light, could this be real, triple x, deep space over swamp thing

Last edited:
yea, x ray should be on the top sub focus tune. its still a dancefloor destroyer. glad to see vault in there by pendulum. i still cain that tune. up all night had to be in there is just too epic to miss off. john b rules the roost in my opinion.

think that im place of ram triliogys titan they could have had turbulence but there both deserving of the spot of that age. hurt you DOES NOT deserve the credit that it has got and certainly doesnt belong in said list. I dont mind chase and status in areas. like that tune the did on the first Bad Taste album on BC records, loader i think it was called but all that they have dont on ram has sounded like the rest of the shit that they have released on that label and if i was andy c i would have bought a bullet and rented a gun time ago.

high contrast - return forever. not one that i would have selected for a top essential tracks for the noughties but now that i listen to it i think that im going to have top get it because it is one of those forgotten in time tunes that i adored when getting into the scene. could racing green take its place tho.....

dont think that the tide by noisia is deserving. sure its a good tune, on of the only that they have released on vison but ibet i could think of a better tune to replace it. concussion on the A side was better anyway. that could be the better track.

true romance, be true, planet dust, cant punish me, body rock, follow the leader, shake your body etc are all worthy in their own way of making it doon to just how ground breaking they where even if they aint in my person preference. if i had it my way i would have raiden - helium in there or a continuum by decimal RIP.

roll on a fresh decade of tunes. lets hope that tc dont make the next end of decade list!!

Last edited:
yeah i agree, tide isn't good enough to be in there imo. also, where is signal by fresh - that definately deserves a place.

swamp thing does my head in, well over rated IMO
airplane was a big tune for me, i prefered flamenco though
prefer flamenco, druggy, airplane, x ray, special place, ghost, lost highway, aliens rmx, smack my bitch up rmx, soundguy, acid test, timewarp, follow the light, could this be real, triple x, deep space over swamp thing

actually yeah more i think about subfocus's tunes I'd have to say timewarp or follow the light.

i wish someone would remix druggy. love the cowbells but reckon the tune could be made alot better

actually yeah more i think about subfocus's tunes I'd have to say timewarp or follow the light.

i wish someone would remix druggy. love the cowbells but reckon the tune could be made alot better

druggy vip would be good i reckon. timewarp aint deserving for the list. dont think that its a patch on x ray. now i think about it i think that a little bit patch s/focus remix could make the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OLrzsxcU_E

Airplane is truly awful.

Really can't find any reason why it has been included.

Even though I don't agree with some of the other choices, I can see reason & merit why they might be included...

But Airplane...

Pfffft.

Airplane is truly awful.

Even though I don't agree with some of the other choices, I can see reason & merit why they might be included...

But Airplane...

Pfffft.

Airplane is a very popular tune. Tease it in in a rave and there will always be a big reaction. Just from what I've seen anyway.

Tunes that should have been in there:

Together
Outerspace
Swamp Thing
Space Invaders - this was being rinsed in 2001 & the remix has been rinsed by the top dj's in recent years. There arent that many tunes with that longevity.

Last edited:
How the fuck did Swamp Thing not make it in there?

Twist Em Out? Really? Essential? If your gonna put Dillinja tunes in there surely something like Nasty Ways or All Aboard is more essential?

How the fuck did Swamp Thing not make it in there?

Twist Em Out? Really? Essential? If your gonna put Dillinja tunes in there surely something like Nasty Ways or All Aboard is more essential?

Nasty ways was 1999 and I think All aboard might have been 1999 as well.

In 2002 LK & Twist em out were the tunes rinsed more than any others. Not saying I dont agree with you but I can see why it was in the top 20.

hang on what about mistical dub or time to fly those tunes were/are epic... dont think some of the tunes should be on that list can think of a few others like desperado (that should of been there instead of hurt you) or standing room only or nosher vip or roni size trust me? the list is endless but messiah is exactly where it should be no1

Airplane is truly awful.

But Airplane...

Pfffft.

very true, fail to see the hype behind this tune.

Would've preffered to see 'Swamp Thing' than 'Airplane'

Nobody plays 'Airplane' anymore, the same definately cant be said about 'Swamp Thing' though.

Back
Top Bottom