Klute's last words

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by The_Jungledon, Sep 14, 2006.

1. The_Jungledon

The_Jungledon www.FreelanceJunglist.com

2. Dj SmurFiE

Dj SmurFiE Tha Muffin men crew

fuckin' gay, sorry but i think less of klute for that.

3. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

umm seems i missed out and they deleted, care to fill me in? i want to know now coz i cant know

4. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

thats up 2 him isent it , but just like on any radio since the day it start ,people will always record it ...

the thing is djs go on these stations and play all the latest stuff un finished biznes etc etc and exspect people to just listen and be done with it and praps if they like it enough go buy it

fair play !!!!

the internet gets music in every corner of the globe in seconds while back in the day it was if u could pick up the station ud record it and hay distubution if any was next to nothing

the web has changed that

for the good as its globial,promoting the artists blah blah

but ofcourse as its there biznes [lively] hood there trying to make good money so they can continue doing what they love without doing shitty jobs like u or me have to do...

i understand that ....... who wouldnt !!

i personally dont think the webs too damagering ...ok to a degree yes theres things u can get that someones trying to sell but any biznes has to write off a smalll % for waste and what evers............ i in my eyes try out of my own free will to promote things i think is good dj set wise,i dont do it to rip an artist off if someone from a randem country is downloading a mix set and cherishes that download and saves his money up to go see that artist play in years to come u should be fupping honnered... the problem is with the uk all this is on our doorstep and so easy for us to jump in a car drive x amount of miles and bingo n see a major headliner of a dj ,,, in any kind of dance music ........ but thats not quite as easy yes for a some one say in oz or japan or where ever .... headliners visit but !!! not very often,ask any dj about crowds vibe when your abroad and they will all say it was just like back in the early days ... clubbing has changed since those early days .....so with out these people outside this fupping dump called england getting downloads of mixsets im sorry to say alot of biznes outside the record buying ???? will go then your be saying .... i cant get no work ???

ok ipods have infulanced the way we handle our music ,and sales of vynel has dropped but you forget in the uk around 1998-2001 in the uk we had a peek of kids all wanting to be djs,,,it was the 2 step garage movement ,now all the kids want to be mc's and talk more shit than a sausage ,make a dvd get played on channel u .... hence turntable sales dropped hence lack of people buying ...

why has 2 step got anything to do with dnb...at the end of the peak when some how it died and those that didnt like the clash grime stuff moved over to dnb,crowds started getting bigger again more agro at events ... but the music production wise was getting 10 x better !!!

now artists want control as they now know they can make fairly good money if they play there cards right due to the sound is world wide .......

teebee / klute i understand where your coming from i just hope that ok its just a net infulance but i hope it doesnt give u a bad rep outside the net life about squashing >>radio rips <<

sorry ive promoted you ,,, like they say once your a name u dont need promoting ...... your repitation should sell its self,and u guys do.........

anyway ... keep making music standard :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

5. mesh

mesh Active Member

fucking oath. do these guys realise how much of their popularity outside the UK is created by DLing sets off the net. sure, DJs know all about them, have done for years, but thats not enough to fill a 1500 capacity club in central Melbourne now is it??!! with your plane ticket and hotel and rider on top.

I respect Klute and have heard him say some amazingly thoughtful things about dnb/jungle, but its a disappointing attitude imo.

I remember Teebee getting upset that a set he played on Adelaide radio on a sunday night ended up online, cause someone had recorded it. This after playing a sold out Oz tour that never would have happened without such exposure

6. Dj SmurFiE

djs have no right to get upset about their sets being downloaded. it isn't their music, its other producers which they happen to play. He's being a dick tbh, he should be privledged that people want to download and hear him mix, not moaning about it.

7. 1992

1992 Novantadue

Agreed, but why was this put in waffle? This is on topic no?

8. 1992

1992 Novantadue

WOW, I just visited that dnbarena link.

Well, Now nobody is listening anymore! I'm now VERY proud to say that I didn't buy that album, it was burned on CD from a friend.... what a terrible CD that is too, listened to it once and could just bearly get through it. Wow, I'm really impressed as to how much of a dick that guy is.

9. mesh

mesh Active Member

agreed, moved.

No One's Listening Anymore is a top album imo, but yeah, burn on I say!

10. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

Trying to make a stand against the way things are with music dowloading is never successful. Think about when Metallica sued napster. They succeeded in getting Napster shut down, but it did little to no good to bolster their record sales. These types of actions only work to cause a backlash against the artist.

11. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

eeeeeeeeerm so hes pulling a napster against the drum and bass comunity downloading sets?

i didnt download shit, dont involve me in our relationship.

12. deadaelus

Still there are alot of people that are ripping illegal dubplates of tunes that are not finished or not for the masses. I had a buddy who was canning a version of Pendulum Voyager (i think it was the VIP version) long before the full release of the tune, and low and behold it was never released for whatever reason. If pendulum ever heard the mix he did with the Unreleased version of Voyager i'm sure he could get sued.

There was also some scandle about a Pendulum tune that was leaked onto the Escape from Planet Monday disc by Fresh himself. Pendulum were hella bent about it, and may never deal with Breakbeat Kaos ever again as a result. I dont blame them.

This is by far the best example to understanding both sides of the arguement...there was a leaked Teebee set from a show called Pathfinder that really upset Uncle Tee. Here is a post from the Pathfinder promoters and a response by Teebee...I believe this really sums up the point and counterpoint to what is going on with the recent Klute statement, or any other artist that attempts to reserve control over their work...

Statement by Wolfgang Rink/Pathfinder from Cologne, Gemany regarding leaked sets:

I sincerlery regret that these links have appeared on the internet. Last weekend's sets were recorded by a friend, solely for my personal use. The link i was supposed to download the set from was leaked and first appeared on a German dnb forum. When we found out we immediately tried to have the threat deleted and stop the link from working, but it was already too late as new links appeared and were posted on other Forums. We would like to assure that we deeply respect Teebee as well as Noisia.
    We have booked Teebee several times already in Cologne and would never purposely risk to ruin what we have worked on for the past 10 years of promoting events with many international guests like BSE, Bailey, D-Bridge, Calyx, Patife, High Contrast, Pendulum to name a few. As a promoter you rarely get to enjoy the dj sets at your own event because it is always very hectic on the night, this is the reason why we we recorded the set for our personal use only. The event was a great success but also very stressful and we have to admit we forgot to ask Teebee or Noisia for their consent and can only apologise for what has happened.

TeeBee Reponse:

Thanx for apologising,but give me a break..Your mate recorded it?!!!? come on man,u where fully aware about this,and we spent alot of time together after we finished. All it would have taken was one quick question,that u already knew the answer for..As it is stated in my contract u recived from my agency that no recording is to be made,unless otherwise stated....The reason people come out to see us dj is because they expect to hear unreleased,upfront tunes,and wicked mixing...I spend alot of time preparing my dj sets,and i find ways for tunes to go together,make mixes that'll stand out etc. When a set gets online like this,u ruin the surprises for all the people attending my next few gigs,and u also create a load of work for me,as i would get stick for playing the "same tunes" .I probably will get alot of stick form the doa massive from this,but man,there's tunes on that mix from mine and calyx's forthcoming album that we havent even finish properly,also tunes from phace's forthcoming album,and loads of other brand new fresh stuff that people have specificly told me to keep off the net..I am not doing this to be a dick or anything,but merly to respect others and the trust they give me when they let me have
    tunes way upfront..Make shure this doesnt happen to calyx when he gets there next week,as i know he'll be playing stuff from our forthcoming album....

13. Dj SmurFiE

pfffffffff, hes pissed because he didn't get payed money for his sets to be recorded. Bit greedy if you ask me, getting upset? fuck off, greedy cunt.

14. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Not really most Artists make if they are luck y about £400 a release..which when u think about it is not much as you may only release 2 in 6 tracks you make all of which take about a couple of weeks...

The internet has taking teh money out of teh inmusic biz on teh DnB level...only a few big starts make anything to write home about from their releases...if they are lucky.

Look at BBurial rmx by Leviticus...everyone is going "yeh had that fo r2 years..>" how the fuck did that happen ??
    tell u how betrayl of trust from within teh inner cirle of dubplate players...!!!

Take Heist...he has to do loads of differnet jobs to earn his crust...even being signed to GRID & Metalheadz has not made him a LIVING!!! REALITY CHECK !!!
    People make the tunes for the love...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  15. Dj SmurFiE

people download sets for the love of music.

16. mesh

mesh Active Member

Downloading or obtaining a mixed set of music you love is utterly different to getting your hands on illegal 320 dubs and playing them as if you own them.

crucial distinction. yes the technology is the same, but the intent and the effect are different. on e is crucial for the scene, the other is taking money from artists pockets. the set in question was a radio one, I just find it over the top.

edit - I acknowledge the difference between a radio set being recorded in-studio, and one that is recorded from the broadcast. But since when is anyone allowed to forbid a radio station from keeping a record of what it itself broadcasts? There might be an agreement in place that is broken, a lack of good faith, but its problematic trying to enforce it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  17. status symbol

status symbol astronauta spiff

18. vinyl_junkiee

vinyl_junkiee Member

can undertsand both points of view, just wanted to add that if it wasnt for downloading dnb tracks and sets from irc, id have never brought my decks an started collecting vinyl, so having the chance to download stuff does benifit the producers also

19. deadaelus

Heil Heil ! !

I agree.