Kill Joy - Lynx

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
OK... started this earlier today.

Not amazingly happy with the bassline or drop but in terms of catchyness, waddya think of the piano and pads.

Also... I'mm whack a vocal in there at some point too.

Also... I've started changing my technique in terms of drum work and mixdown. Is it working? How does it sound?

Thanks a bunch guys cheers thank you please.
x

Woah, Intro sounds really great, lot's of variation , good melodies and nice drums. I don't know why you're unsure about the drop because it fits in really nicely and I like the bassline a lot.
I don't think I've ever listened to one of your tunes before, but the mixdown sounds great on my end.
Keep up the good work!

Yeah I'm liking the intro dude, nice and melodic.

Drumwork sounds good, albeit a little simple. Mixdown sounds fairly clean too. Maybe push your pad work a little to the back of the mix. All good tho dude.

production on this sounds great really crisp drums and i think that b lines sick, as said drums need variation but theyre nice all the same

I dont really think the pad is too loud, more like it sounds to sit at the front of the mix, maybe try pushing it back a little by slightly mono'ing the sound (only slightly tho)

I dig it! the bassline could use some moar work and moar variation and the pad that comes in at 2:10 is a little akward. The piano is too loud but it sounds like you already knew that ;) drums need some work but all in all its a great start for 1 days worth of work, could be a sweet tune when finished!

nice work man. nice rolling break in there... liking the intro pads. think the bass line could be more complex, not sure its working with just those 2 notes needs a little something to keep it interesting, all the other elements sounds great :)

Great intro man:) nice little piano u got there:) liking the drums and pad sounding good, abit boring bassline ye

Drums sound awesome... KD and SD are nice... although the SD sounds like it could be a DB louder and it wouldn't hurt anything (just my ears though).

The Bass is not working for me at all. The patch is cool but only for 'sub layering' imo... I wouldn't use it stand alone the way you have. It could definitely benefit from a Mid Range Layer or two to give it more presence and character in the Mix.

2:10 - that Pad/Lead would be a lot cooler with some kind of modulation on it... some filter sweeps at a minimum would breath some life into imo. The Piano that accompanies it is nice and works well.

:finishit:

i think your main problem here is the bass. its got a sub, and its got a high, but no real mids and far too simple to sound attractive.. just that bass... everything else is superb

Back
Top Bottom