Kill Joy - K-141

Yeah sounding good! love the little kick roll on the beat very funky, bass is awesome too. Think it'd be cool to switch from half time rhythm to single time for short bursts at unexpected times, & perhaps begin to blur the distinction between half and simple time rhythm.

IMO drumstep isn't even a genre, same kind of basslines were even before dubstep in d'n'b.. And d'n'b has those beatdowns too and that doesn't make it DUB'n'BASS!?

And intopic I should suggest you to make that a dnb tune it has nice slow bass movements and you can make it so deep n shit

(to be exact it is imo already dnb)

Last edited:
Nice tune, you are definitely on track with this one. Definitely worth finishing and polishing.

Seems like it could use a bit more high end, a lightly used ride or something with some nice reverb tails on it to help balance out.

Ez, long time no speak.

Bit of an idea for a drumstep roller. What you recon?

Just ideas at the moment. No real effort gone into making it interesting...

that bass drone is wicked! think the drums have to much verb on them though (i see which direction you were going in though processing them as such), BUUUUUT they really need to hit hard imo for this kinda tune!

just outa curiosity, what synth did you use for the drone?

that bass drone is wicked! think the drums have to much verb on them though (i see which direction you were going in though processing them as such), BUUUUUT they really need to hit hard imo for this kinda tune!

just outa curiosity, what synth did you use for the drone?

NI Massive. The one and only. Lol.

Thanks guys. Can someone post an example of drums that would suit?

I like the PERC... your Verbed SD layer is perfect, adds a nice amount of Ambient 'smack' to your SD. The Bass sounds are cool... but ??? as to what this is going to turn into. I'd have to hear the Drop before deciding on the tune.

Sounds neat so far, the drums are rolling nicely. Finish eet!

Back
Top Bottom