Kid Drama - In Mind EP - Exit Records

Vanden

-nieuwenhuysen
VIP Junglist
Damon Kirkham aka Kid Drama made his first steps into the 170 bpm realms as one half of the game changing production partnership Instra:mental.
Together with dBridge their Autonomic podcasts went down in history for breathing new life back into a somewhat stagnant underground Drum and Bass scene, showcasing their material alongside many likeminded producers and pricking up many ears that had long since given up on the genres increasingly formulaic output.
After a few years working under his Jon Convex moniker, he returns to the higher tempos as Kid Drama feeling there is still allot of uncharted territory left to explore. Together with dBridge he has embarked on a new podcast series (Heart Drive) which again aims to showcase their new material and that of
His first release as Kid Drama 'One Six Eight' appeared on the Mosaic Vol 2 LP followed by a remix of one of his own Jon Convex tracks on Convex Industries 'With You' but here we have his debut full release as Kid Drama including collaborations with Om Unit and Hands Like Crime.

So these are the first few releases off of that Heart Drive Aut0mated L0ve mix then. Sounding really nice, can't wait

Why can't record labels understand I am skint and do not have the money for records. So so so many good releases at the moment this is another exceptional EP

In Mind was one of my favourites from the Heart Drive podcast, so glad it's getting a release so soon

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't think they'd be so quick to release anything either. Thought there would at least be another podcast first - build up the hype n that.

matty knows, my budget is zero until the end of the month. top of the list is matchsticks but there are countless others

Everything on that Heart Drive mix was wicked & I'm sure everything on this EP will be too. Interested to hear which tunes the samples are (especially the Om Unit colab), as I can't listen at work. Might be next up after the Matchsticks EP if they are putting the samples up now?

The mastering on mine sounds like shit. It's super quiet and the bass doesn't drive. I bought my mp3's from Surus. Has anybody else noticed?

I'm impressed with the speed in which they've put this out. I can remember some of the stuff that featured on the autonomic podcast taking literally a couple of years to surface in the shops. I'm sure plenty of it was never released at all. Fair play to Heart Drive / Exit Records.

wish they'd follow up follow up that last podcast with similar 4-track EP's by dBridge and Heartdrive as well

I think there's also an LP's worth of Binary Collective material out there as well that I'm hoping they do something with

I think there's also an LP's worth of Binary Collective material out there as well that I'm hoping they do something with

Nice. I hope so. Was thinking today, after that first release on XXX Records I thought that the Binary Collective were concentrating on there own music. Would like to hear more from them as a combined output

Yeah i noticed the Fracture EP the other day - looking forward to hearing proper previews of that.

Who is the binary collective? I've heard one of their releases i think - dont know much about them though.

Yeah i noticed the Fracture EP the other day - looking forward to hearing proper previews of that.

Who is the binary collective? I've heard one of their releases i think - dont know much about them though.

Same on the Fracture EP.

The Binary Collective is a new project formed by the Autonomic family in order to make spontaneous music as a collective with multiple inputs from whoever happens to be in the studio at the time. It could be two people involved on production duties or it could be four or more such as on this first release. Made on a drunken afternoon crammed into Rosies Box (dbridges Studio), the collective put their talents together and the tracks formed themselves like Voltron, The Binary Collective was born."

http://www.surus.co.uk/XXX/XXX001-13810.aspx

I heard it was dBridge, one of the Instrumental guys, Joe Seven & Consequence or a similar combination on Sin Skin I & II

Back
Top Bottom