DnB Kicks

modern

hey, guys. i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for some awesome kick one shots that would be of great use in a liquid DnB track. i can never seem to find good kicks. does anyone know where i can get some? :mrpanic:

how would i go about that

try layering the drum samples you already have - chop out the crap bits and make the best kick drum on the planet.

that 8k drum download is good. think i also have "1000 drum samples" free download with 1000 samples - layer them up to create what you need.

google 8k or 1000 drums samples m8.
or buy that vengeance pack

There are a few tutorials online. You can make a basic kick using a Sine wave in a synth and the amp envelope. So instead of the tone being Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo... You close the sustain down and utilise the decay as well as a slight pitch down during the attack so it is now a "Bom" sound. Then piss around with slight distortion and reverb to taste. Then you also have the flexibility of changing the drum sound on the fly to suit your track and calling it your own. Have fun.

There are a few tutorials online. You can make a basic kick using a Sine wave in a synth and the amp envelope. So instead of the tone being Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo... You close the sustain down and utilise the decay as well as a slight pitch down during the attack so it is now a "Bom" sound. Then piss around with slight distortion and reverb to taste. Then you also have the flexibility of changing the drum sound on the fly to suit your track and calling it your own. Have fun.

Thank you :D

you can make a kick out of litraly anything. just last night i made a kick, a hihat and a snare out of the same sound (a tambourine) using different filters on my e-mu, eqing and desk overdrive. liquid tends to use classic breaks beefed up with single hits though, really simple technique that usually sounds pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom