Kicking the Butts...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by deadaelus, Mar 19, 2010.

1. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

In light of a recent cold i have been fighting i have made the decision to quit smoking cigarettes.

Almost at a week now, feeling quite confident. I have quit smoking a few times before but always end up smoking again after a year or two of being quit.

Any one got some wise words on staying quit?

2. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Whatever you do.. dont smoke : )

3. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

Dont hang around other smokers for a while.
    Yes, you'll be a social retard for a bit.
    But it won't help your cause if you're lingering around your mates having a puff.

I gave up once, for 12 hours. Worse 12 hours of my life.
    That was......

erm.

4 years ago.

I think.

Good luck

4. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

I don't know man. Chew on gum or a toothpick? Hard candy? Ever try the patches or any other form of getting a little bit of nicotine in your system? Best of luck to ya quittin' tho. I'm glad I never picked the damn things up.

5. octopusonfire

octopusonfire Member

6. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

Sounds like you can get past the withdrawal just fine.

I used to be rather fond of cocaine, and I was surrounded by it and people who took it, the way I quit was to feel SMUG when I turned some down. This is why ex-smokers are so in your face about it, it's a part of quitting, you have to be PROUD of the fact you don't smoke...

7. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Mate bought an electronic cigarette the other day, my cousins got one too. Basically just vaporises nicotine so you still get your hit without any other chemicals.

And you can legally smoke it inside, on planes etc etc...

Pretty jokes really, thinking of getting one myself. Can still get your nicotine without ruining your lungs.

8. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

i have a mate who has one, it seems alright, might help to wane you off as well, as it does look a bit retarted i think haha

9. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

Stop smoking now since 8pm Tuesday night. Going well....had a bad craving last night but managed to overcome it. Dont know what it will be like in the pub though!!

Anyone else managed to quit?

10. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

I was on a smoking ward in hospital recently and they have a slow painfull death its like drowning without the water thats if u dont get cancer or something first

Live healthy have a few extra years on your life save money and quit those cancer sticks before its too late.

I smoked hard for the past 8 years btw that includes cannibis, Something happend to me i nearly died i wont be smokin again trust me better things in life

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  11. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked

Don't buy cigarette pack. Don't unwrap and take one out. Don't put it in your mouth. Don't light it. Don't inhale.

The rest should be easy

12. SmallVictoriez

SmallVictoriez Teen Pop Sensation

I quit with the Nicotine gum, very effective - stayed off for a year.

Started up again in 2010, who knows why.
    The bitch of it all is that taxes have gone up $1.50 per pack since I started up again, yet stayed stable the whole time I was off of them. That will teach me to vote anything but libertarian ever again.

13. Osime

Osime Official Japanese Student

I've a friend who quit by not buying packs and only rolling spliffs from his last rollie tin. Then, by slowly taking out more tobacco, he started smoking only reefs. I'm thinking about quitting the same way myself. Then again I've no qualms with a shitty death. Hmmm... to quit or not to quit? That is the question.

14. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

dont ever start a thread about giving something up, because when you fail and you look back at it.. it tears you up!

15. Osime

Osime Official Japanese Student

Kinda like when I made a skate video with my friends back in the day. I was like, "Skate for life, if you don't you're a pussy." I'm not friends with those guys nor do I skate anymore. I damn near cried.

16. dnb in ya face

HyperD .... I know mate....I know...but weed is different. At least you get something from it!!

Im still going strong, havent had a puff and im on my 3rd day. Feel a lot better as well. More energy and been going for runs. Im not usually that good when it comes to quitting. But I have a good feeling about this for some reason....keep saying to myself "One cant hurt" whch is NOT a good idea!

This weekend will be the real test.

17. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

i quit at easter. read allen carrs easyway. i've said it a few times, trying not to be a cunt about being a non smoker now but it was a piece of piss once you know the answer. since i finished the book i've been stood with smokers everyday and not had one urge to smoke. i'm currently halfway through his control alcohol book.

like someone said, its about being proud in a way, don't go into it with the frame of mind that its gonna be hard, don't have think you'll fail, just tell yourself your a nonsmoker and dont smoke. your not giving up, your stopping. if your at a social occassion stood with your mates and they're all smoking, believe me when i say they're more jealous of you for not smoking than you are of them for smoking.

ciggies smell like shit to me now and its a good feeling.

18. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

lol they are for quitting not replacing :p

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

just think about how pointless smoking realy is and the fact that theres no benefits AT ALL.

19. dnb in ya face

Yep it is SOOO stupid to smoke really aint it. Whats the point? To be honest so far ive found it really easy. DFirst day was strange in a way because it was routine and it felt like something was missing. Now im telling myself im a non smoker....do you ever get that "gag-toke" as i like to call it, at the bottom of your fag, especially if youve been drinking or on drugs? Everythime I get the urge to have one, I think of that.....and it makes me feel sick.

Even if I had a roll up now, afterwards Id feel like a right cunt. Ruined 3 days.

Is that book worth getting then Rob del terror?

20. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

cant stress how good it is mate. i'm completely free of ciggies for life. as are 3 good friends, we'd all smoked for about 15 years. one mate was 40 a day before he quit. over the last year we've all stopped simply by reading a book. after you read it you'll be kicking yourself over why you smoked all this time.