Kick

Discussion in 'Production' started by BLoodstaiN`, Mar 13, 2010.

1. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

Any kick synthesizers or whatever
    or how do you make a nice DNB kick like the ones nero uses
    it's just hopeless i can't make a good kick

I've been trying to work some out but they do not have enough depth etc,

2. 5IVE7EVEN9INE

5IVE7EVEN9INE 14

Look for some nice free drum loops/sample. Stick them into Fruity Slicer. Then construct some beats.

3. erecsean

erecsean Member

vengeance single hits work well when layered properly.. cut most of the low end out though if you want it to not clash with the sub. it should be rolling off at around 60-80hz. the more low end you leave in, the weightier its going to be - but keep in mind a weightier kick will be harder to seperate from the sub. notch out areas where your sub bass is hitting.. also find 'sweet spots' by scanning with a notch eq to find those real nice areas that you want to stand out in your kick drum.. i usually have a little notch up around 100hz, and 200hz (roughly an octave higher).. as this is where the most prominent freq of your kick will punch through... hope this helps.

also, when choosing kick drum samples.. aim for no more than 3. i usually go for 2 (1 for character and weight, one for the attack (click) of the kickdrum.

4. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Try layering a couple of kicks together and then lightly distorting them. Also search for samplepacks that have good single hits. I've got a couple of packs I could throw your way, are you on AIM?

5. Dimension

Dimension New Member

another method i use is : think of what you want roughly, go through loads of breaks trying to find kick that suits your idea, eq the low end out of it up to 90hz roughly (depending on the sub), if its got a room reverb on the recording, put an envelope on it fading out sharply to the end of the sample, this should take away the room sound and be nice n clicky, now get a standard 909 kick hit with nice low end, lowpass it to 90hz, tune it to the other sample and compress the two to gel together n you should have a nice punchy kick, but with a realistic sounding top. ALSO route the low end kick to you normal sub bus in mono so it ducks the bass when the kick hits making it come through the mix nice n easy