Kick question

Trypta

Hello people quick question, I use a compression plugin called Rough rider for most of my projects it helps to create nice raw and punchy kicks, although for some reason say I had a 4 bar loop in the sequencer and played it the first drum hit sounds quieter and then the rest are fine any suggestions, I could upload a clip if you need an idea of what's happening?

Trypta:)

bounce out a good one and use that? easy work around, although there probably is an answer

I use the same plugin, it's something like the compressor not having enough time to react when you hit play. If you move the four bar loop over to the right and let it play a bit of silence before the loop starts it should play them all the same.

Yeah i suffered the same problem with rough rider, it seems to be a bug. You might have to stick with another compressor at the moment, but if you really like the rough rider sound, bounce it with the playhead/marker starting a few beats before it.

I've had the same thing with cubase's built-in compressor. Haven't looked further into it myself, but it could be that the signal is being heavily suppressed very quickly with a long release after the first hit?

had this happen too with rough rider. basically what others say, either move the pattern, or bounce out the good kick and reimport it

Back
Top Bottom