Kick pitching

Busdriver

Hey guys,

What's you method to pitch your kick correctly?

How do you find the actual pitch it has native and then pitch it to your taste?

Thx

you use your ears, if you want it to be pitched up then you pitch it up and vice versa, getting it to work well with the snare is the key

How do u change the pitch of a kick in logic?
Can u really tell the difference when listening to your mix after uve pitched it?

What's your method to pitch your kick correctly?

How do you find the actual pitch it has native and then pitch it to your taste?

I was asking to people who do it and know what i'm talking about.
Don't need no tips like "use your hear to pitch up or down" if i wasn't able to know if i need to pitch up or down, i would have stopped producing.
Every drum hit you use has a perfect pitch, it's a note. My question is precise.

How do u change the pitch of a kick in logic?
Can u really tell the difference when listening to your mix after uve pitched it?

Sure, u can use pitch shift or a sampler.
Yes there is a real difference and this is useful for some creative an mixing tips.

Btw thx to those who answered seriously.

hit the kick, see where it peaks, then ill take a sinewave and see what note hits closest to that.

not that i do it often, but seems to work quite good. most of the time is just pitch the kick and snares according to what my ears are telling me.

i dont really ever change the pitch of my kicks. as long as the frequencies are right i see no need to. snares on the other hand is a different situation ofcourse..

hit the kick, see where it peaks, then ill take a sinewave and see what note hits closest to that.

not that i do it often, but seems to work quite good. most of the time is just pitch the kick and snares according to what my ears are telling me.

I was thinking about that.

I was asking to people who do it and know what i'm talking about.
Don't need no tips like "use your hear to pitch up or down" if i wasn't able to know if i need to pitch up or down, i would have stopped producing.
Every drum hit you use has a perfect pitch, it's a note. My question is precise.

Sure, u can use pitch shift or a sampler.
Yes there is a real difference and this is useful for some creative an mixing tips.

Btw thx to those who answered seriously.

everybody was answering you seriously as far as i can tell. I pitch my kicks, and i use my ears. gofigure.

yep, there is serious answers and serious ironic answers meaning that you are slightly a noob who can't figure he should use his ears.
That's what i meant.
But forums discussion can lead to misunderstanding sometimes.

In fact i will re question differently:

Does someone know how to perfectly set what note is played on a kick?

I met a professional producer once who told me that he was often importing his kick on a sampler and pitching it with his bass.

I guessed how he was determining the pitch at first. I understood at what he said that he was finding what he should do logically and not only by listening. But i can be wrong.
Now i'm just looking for some tracks on the subject.

Cheers

This is awesome.
You are right, don't think we should take this too seriously but it can be really interesting for some stuff.

Thanks a lot!

I guess I use my ears mostly. If I try and use a spectral analyser more often than not it's hard to work out what the exact pitch is because the kick will often have quite a rounded peak down low at it's root pitch. Bit of both and try my best ;)

Thx Subprime.
Have to say that your track is really interesting. Think you could improve slightly some stuff but it's really creative and well done.
Keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom