Kick and Snare Opinions&Advices

tej0

Hello guys,
few months earlier I started to work in Logic. I decided to begin production of my first DnB track and I think that drum pattern is first think to concentrate on. Now I've finished my basic kick and snare drum and I'd really appreciate to hear some feedback on it. As I'm new in DnB production, I can't really say if it's ok and ready to continue with bass etc., or if It's shit and I should delete it and start with that drums again :)
Kick is 2 layered samples, EQed, processed with transient enhancer, also I put little reverb on it and parallel processing to make it sound fatter. Snare is quite similar, 2 samples, bit of reverb, EQing, compression, transients. I don't know if this better fits into production or talents section, but It's not completed track yet, and also I can't really say I'm a talent, so I hope It isn't spam here.
As I'm neuro head, I'd like to achieve neurofunk-like beats. I would be grateful for any kinda feedback or response from u guys.
Cheers
Teo

Link to file
https://soundcloud.com/teodor-stanek/kick-snare

Could do with a bit more high end imo. Also you can do the rest of the track, come back to the drums later

Thank you for feedback man :) I have an issue with kick hi frequencies because there is one sound which I don't want but I'm kinda unable to EQ it out and I can't get it sound right. Maybe it is because of sample itself. Is that what u mean or do u think opposite (to boost hi end freqs)? But I'll try to proceed with track and figure this out later.
Cheers
Teo

Thank you for feedback man :) I have an issue with kick hi frequencies because there is one sound which I don't want but I'm kinda unable to EQ it out and I can't get it sound right. Maybe it is because of sample itself. Is that what u mean or do u think opposite (to boost hi end freqs)? But I'll try to proceed with track and figure this out later.
Cheers
Teo

I normally go with the lines: "It's better to subtract frequencies than boosting". Maybe the two samples you layered don't have enough "snappy" sound, and this can make the kick sounds muddy. If it was my track, i'd chose one kick with more "body", and layer it with a snappier kick.

Your break, although only kick and snare, is good, only the snare compared to the kick is a bit too quiet. The frequencies are ok !

You will not get rid of the shuffle on the kick without changing the texture.
I know this kick, it's a slice of a breakbeat sample ;)

Simply search for a similar kick without a noise on top and replace.

thank you :) I'll try to layer it with another sample and turn the original's volume down. I'm glad to hear that frequencies are ok anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom