DnB Key Signatures for Liquid?

gouldyy

Hi, was just wondering what key signatures are used in most liquid dnb tunes?
Artists like Hybrid Minds, Netsky, Grafix, Fred V etc all get an emotional feel to theyre melodies and harmonies; was just wondering if there are any specific keys to play in or chords to use?

any key mate. it really doesnt matter. although for emotional liquid, try and use minor keys, they sound alot more well......emotional. dminor is classically the most minor of them all, ie, the most emotional. if you havent got any musical knowledge, you can find most stuff online. find a key you like the sound of, see what notes are in it and just play around

any key mate. it really doesnt matter. although for emotional liquid, try and use minor keys, they sound alot more well......emotional. dminor is classically the most minor of them all, ie, the most emotional. if you havent got any musical knowledge, you can find most stuff online. find a key you like the sound of, see what notes are in it and just play around

^^ this tbh

Im finding a lot of results transitioning from minor minor major, or major major minor combo's. But anything will work if you can make it sound good? lol
The secret with them is to just design nice sounding synths with a good use of reverb and harmonics between the elements you create, which should mostly be 'light' sounding. i.e avoid everything having such a hard attack. Works well on lead synths etc...
The main difficulty is finding a decent hook that's not been rinsed to death either!

Liquid has too signature sound for me I can't listen they all sound pretty much the same..

Take a break, make it clean, take a sub, wub wub a bit, make melody, presets, take female, ohh ahh sound fx, take piano, make it emotional, profit, ???

Liquid has too signature sound for me I can't listen they all sound pretty much the same..

Take a break, make it clean, take a sub, wub wub a bit, make melody, presets, take female, ohh ahh sound fx, take piano, make it emotional, profit, ???

^ Should start producing liquid.

LOL you have just described a track I'm working on to a T! (minus the presets ;)) Gotta have the side chaining pads also...

im sure the same can be said about any sub genre, no? i think the trick to most liquid tunes is the sampling. most of the sounds are sampled from old records. could be a riff or a pad or vocal. check out the spectrasoul masterclass...also luke lsb has a vid where he talks about sampling.

Anything to with Key signatures I automatically find a track I like the sound of, find its key, and use that scale. Worked everytime for me. Mixed in Key program is good for things other than mixing, even finding out the key of samples accurately too!

Back
Top Bottom