key chart on chemical records

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
anyone else notice the key chart facility on chemical records? they list the key the tune is in, you click on it and it tells you other tracks in that key, how wicked is that? i haven't actually used it yet, i got so excited and had to come tell everyone

if you click info for the tune. the key will appear next to the price click that and your away, you need an account though.

mental...

harmonicMixingBigImage.jpg

you don't need an account...

And you'll all be pleased to hear that Machete is in A Minor...

Meaning that it'll go great with every other Hazard tune...

Which are all in A minor...

coincidently!

Yeah i noticed that when i was Chemical Records. So does that mean that chart will help with mixing? puting tunes together?

imo i think thats abit shit.....half the fun about mixing is finding out which tunes are in the same key and finding a nice blend....seems like a bit of a cheat way if they are telling u it all....

saying that, im sure its useful for people who have no musical background or anything so fair play....but i personally wont be using it....

Also playing with two hands and both eyes open is also a cheat.

Actually its also cheating if you don't have to peddle to keep your decks running.

And you know what the greatest cheat of all is, that's buying records instead of actually playing the tracks live, by yourself. After you figure out all the notes and effects etc.

wa dema mean by lower key matches and higher key matches?

Basically there are some keys will match eachother pretty well even if theyre not exactly the same

e.g if a tune is in C maj, tunes in G maj and F maj will also match pretty well cos there's only one note different in the scale (F sharp and B flat respectively) the higher and lower key matches refer to these other similar keys

Back
Top Bottom