DnB Kelsium - Sic Parvis Magna

Kelsium

OK so a few things to sort out on this track, the mixdown in general is one of those things and I've also noticed that when I bounce my tracks to 320k MP3 the tune has less high-end hiss than when played in Reason. What could be the problem? Here it is anyway:

All critiques are much appreciated :)

Also, I'm looking to get some vocals on it, does anyone recommend a good pack of samples to put in this tune?

Sounding pretty solid actually, nice work. The mixdowns not too bad, except for a few things.
The drums could use a bit more presence, give them some parallel compression and presence EQ.
The leads are a bit too centered which can get a bit messy, so maybe widen n pan them and leave the center for the drums and bass.
stuff like impacts and cymbals are also a bit too centered which is weird so kick them out a bit.

Have a good look at your spectrum analyzer and see what frequencies are missing, mainly 5k+ and the sub 120, which you can sort out on all your seperate busses.

The track actually sounds really nice, you've made a real solid tune!

Thanks for the replies! Will have a good look at utilizing the stereo spectrum a bit more!

P.S. You're 17 and you have this much production knowledge already? I gotta say that's pretty damn impressive :)

Thanks for the replies! Will have a good look at utilizing the stereo spectrum a bit more!

P.S. You're 17 and you have this much production knowledge already? I gotta say that's pretty damn impressive :)

Aww shucks

Well, to put it in perspective, Memtrix is 17, Madeon made Icarus when he was 17, and I've never finished a track. Thanks, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom