Drum & Bass Kelsium - Sic Parvis Magna

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Kelsium, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Kelsium

Kelsium Member

OK so a few things to sort out on this track, the mixdown in general is one of those things and I've also noticed that when I bounce my tracks to 320k MP3 the tune has less high-end hiss than when played in Reason. What could be the problem? Here it is anyway:

All critiques are much appreciated :)

Also, I'm looking to get some vocals on it, does anyone recommend a good pack of samples to put in this tune?

2. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

Sounding pretty solid actually, nice work. The mixdowns not too bad, except for a few things.
    The drums could use a bit more presence, give them some parallel compression and presence EQ.
    The leads are a bit too centered which can get a bit messy, so maybe widen n pan them and leave the center for the drums and bass.
    stuff like impacts and cymbals are also a bit too centered which is weird so kick them out a bit.

Have a good look at your spectrum analyzer and see what frequencies are missing, mainly 5k+ and the sub 120, which you can sort out on all your seperate busses.

The track actually sounds really nice, you've made a real solid tune!

3. Inspector Vee

Inspector Vee New Member

Hi !
    Very nice track, with many good ideas and great construction. Mania is right, I can't say in a better way your mixdown problems.

Good job:twisted:

4. Kelsium

Kelsium Member

Thanks for the replies! Will have a good look at utilizing the stereo spectrum a bit more!

P.S. You're 17 and you have this much production knowledge already? I gotta say that's pretty damn impressive :)

Mania likes this.
  5. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

Aww shucks

Well, to put it in perspective, Memtrix is 17, Madeon made Icarus when he was 17, and I've never finished a track. Thanks, hehe.