Kelsium - Distance

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Kelsium, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Kelsium

Kelsium Member

Hey guys I've been working on this tune for a while, where should I go from here? Any mixdown tips are greatly appreciated :)

2. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

WOW! This is a real bomb! I would say don´t lowpass that main melody, bring up your sub to something like -6dB. Try to highlight your drums more, it´s the case of making everything else quieter or boosting drums a lil. Very good build-up. Mid-bass seems tad too distorted or greasy. I love this tune so much, great work mate!

Kelsium likes this.
  3. Kelsium

Kelsium Member

Thanks dude, I'll give your suggestions a try and will hopefully have a better version uploaded in the near future :)

4. holohedron

holohedron Member

Hey ,

This is definitely a nice tune. I basically agree with Quotec, either open the filter on your reese, or even try having a second one playing the same thing with the filter open and maybe some different eq. And maybe fatten the drums up a bit unless you're going for the synth drum sound, in which case just bring them forward in the mix. I'd sidechain the sub and mids to the kick and snare hits so the drums cut through.

5. Saboteur

Saboteur New Member

great tune, hats could be a tad quieter