kbps, wav?

bone

Hello
I have just ordered serato, and have found that most of my CDs that i have copied to my computer are at 256 kbps bit rate. Is this going to sound okay when playing out? Or am i best to reimport my entire library of CDs back in 320/wav?

Hello
I have just ordered serato, and have found that most of my CDs that i have copied to my computer are at 256 kbps bit rate. Is this going to sound okay when playing out? Or am i best to reimport my entire library of CDs back in 320/wav?

If your playing out you need atleast 320's

guna have to copy everything again, is what i'd suggest.
and if you're doing that, do them as wav as well as it's lossless and it'll be a closer sound to vinyl.

320kbps is fine if you're listening on your ipod, but wavs sill be superior on a big system.

i personally think that its sometimes hard to tell the differece between 192 and 320, but on a huge soundsystem i would imagine the difference is noticeable. atleast you'll have quality tunes at the end of the nite.

i can tell the difference between 192 and 320 on earphones!
dont use 192's on a big system...they tend to have muddy highs which sound terrible in a mix

even if you can't normally tell the difference between 256 and 320, its easier to tell the difference when you are mixing them.

Import all your CDs to WAV (or FLAC - basically a zipped up WAV file). Because it will be faster, and you can convert them to 320 later if you really want to, without losing any quality.

I would suggest buying a large hard drive or external hard drive, either 500Gb or 1Tb in size as 1 album of WAVs will take up 400 - 500MB.

Back
Top Bottom