Kanye West - Yeezus

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by graffitizax, Aug 6, 2013.

1. graffitizax

graffitizax Hauntr

Anyone heard this? iv never been a kanye fan, i downloaded it and heard half of the first track a few weeks ago and turned it off.. last night i listened to it in its entirety for the first time and fucking flipped out its absolute genius

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

He's an arrogant cunt but a damn good rapper.

3. graffitizax

graffitizax Hauntr

yeah he definately is a cunt, but if i was that rich and famous id imagine id be pretty fucking arrogant too

4. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i love this album, really pushing it out there . makes you wonder what the fuck jay z was playing at with his latest offering.
    kanye may be a dick, but i am a big fan of his music.

5. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

Are you all deaf?

Yeezus is terrible

6. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Indeed he is, but didn't he produce that Pusha T track Numbers on the board, that was suprisingly good

7. Subjekt Music

That wasnt him though, he co produced it with a guy called Don Cannon but i think Kanye produces in the way Dre does. Not fully hands on, just helps with ideas

8. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Thought it was too good to be true, just didnt seem right for him, he's too wrapped up in being a class A Jeb-end to do such a feat

9. Subjekt Music

Kanye hasnt made a good album since Graduation. Watch The Throne had a few good tracks on it but not strictly a Kanye album, Cruel Summer was the same but his last good solo effort was Graduation. Shame cos he is/was one of my favourites.

10. Floating Hunter

Floating Hunter Well-Known Member

Kanye is an OK rapper. He's a fucking sick producer and would recommend all of his albums for the beats. Yeezus is a hard listen for me though, tunes like blood on the leaves would be masterpieces if he would just shut up. New Slaves has good wordplay. Bound 2 is the best thing on there. Everything else is pure skippage for me unfortunately.

For me it's: College dropout > Late registration > my beautiful dark etc.. > everything else

11. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Haha, exactly what I was thinking...

he is a dick. Some of his music is very good. His first two albums are solid. His third is decent. The rest is irrelevant.

Not a huge fan of him as an MC (he doesn't really use complex rhymes or even talk about great subject matter) but he is a fucking awesome producer (and his tracks overall are good). Some of the shit he produced on his first three albums and even prior to that as one of Roc-A-Fella producers put him as one of the best producers around at the time.

On the other hand, I don't really like jay Z past the 90s, yet I actually liked his new album a lot. He chats shit mostly, but the beat selection is very fucking good.