K2T - Mvua EP - Detached Audio - 07/06/19

SteveR94

PUNK ASS JUNGLE BUNNY
VIP Junglist
Hey guys, hope everyone is well!

Just wanted to share my next release which follows on from my Elder Spirit EP, this is the Mvua EP. Mvua means Rain in Swahili for the record. :P
The first track just went live yesterday thanks to Studio Drum & Bass, and it's a collab with my good partner in crime, Mr @scrTchs!

Check it out, any and all feedback / thoughts / love / hate is appreciated!

If you enjoy the music, consider grabbing it from here, all proceeds will be going to the charity "Help Musicians UK"

And if you enjoy my work, consider dropping by my Facebook or SoundCloud page.

Cheers!

Last edited:
man, i like it a lot, its dope. i think you should completely abandon your amen tendencies, when it comes to the drum aesthetic, but musically, and technically, other than that, its dope af.

im not saying it sounds bad, its a heavy drum sound, but the amen thing feels out of place, stylistically, to me. get another top heavy break and simply replace your amen usage with that, like cold sweat or kickback, just anything other than an amen imho

man, i like it a lot, its dope. i think you should completely abandon your amen tendencies, when it comes to the drum aesthetic, but musically, and technically, other than that, its dope af.

im not saying it sounds bad, its a heavy drum sound, but the amen thing feels out of place, stylistically, to me. get another top heavy break and simply replace your amen usage with that, like cold sweat or kickback, just anything other than an amen imho

Cheers my guy, glad you're digging! I do see what you mean about amens, I naturally tend to gravitate towards that usually, just such a sucker for using the high end of the amen as a layer in some tunes. I assume you have a dislike for amens as a whole?

i dont but i have a dislike for amen traces used just like you say, to beef up the top. i cant stand a high passed amen behind a sturdy kick snare twostep beat, for example.

also amen drumfunk is often done without any regard to the sound design, glitchy super complex ninja amen programming is abundant, at this point if you dont have a distinctive sound to the break, you might as well use another break, and would benefit greatly from doing so.

amen in terms of both sound and programming is difficult to get right, to my mind, but theres tons of awesome amen out there, in all sub genres of dnb.

Back
Top Bottom