Jwoods Summer mix

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Not as good as i'd have liked but was more about tunes for the weather should it ever become remotely sunny (unlikely).
One of two little blips and then had to do some epic platter touching on au revoir but oh well, i'm relatively happy.

thoughts, abuse, etc all welcome (y)

Hybrid Minds - Inner Beauty
>> Rockwell - The Rain
Lenzman & Riya - How did I let you go?
Nymfo - Insignificant Thoughts
Vicious Circle & Need for Mirrors - Eyes Wide Shut
Total Science & Riya - Redlines
Villem & McLeod - Hush
Alix Perez - Melanie
Technicolour + Komatic - Stay (Bcee remix)
Calibre - Mirage
Dbridge - Since We've Been Apart
Marky & SPY - Love Affair
Survival & Christine Nicola - Mistakes
Technicolour, Komatic, LSB - Rotary Motion
>>Stray - Can Of Cancun
ArpXp - Keep Your Head High
Dkay & Intoxicated - Thinner Edge
Little Dragon & DJ Shadow - Scale it Back (Calyx & Teebee remix)
>>Andy C - Nightflight
Technicolour & Komatic - The Glow
Spectrasoul - Away with me (Calibre remix)
Calibre - Notting Hill
Pennygiles - Au revoir Blackbird
Little Dragon - Twice (LSB Bootleg)

Oh my, look at that tracklist. You know I'm all over this!

cheers man :) still playing yours atm, think mine has a slightly more obvious tracklist haha! not quite the gems you had but still, cheers for checking matey

Really enjoyed the first tune & tease with The Rain. Inner Beauty & How Did I Let You Go was a nice mix, but a little brief. Then when Insignificant Thoughts came in, it was a bit out of nowhere & brief again. Would have liked to hear more of the mix in both cases, but both worked well. The double drop of Insignificant Thoughts & Eyes Wide Shut was a peach. Redline - Hush - Melanie were very melodic & enjoyable. I liked the way you brought in Love Affair & Mistakes. I like Mistakes, but don't enjoy mixing it as much as the other tunes on that LP. Really enjoyed the tease of Can Of Cancun, could have been a tad louder. Scale it Back rmx & Nightflight didn't really fit with the rest of the tunes in the mix, but it was mixed well & isn't really any reason to turn your nose up at the mix. Loved hearing Notting Hill again. A friend of mine has it & heard Calibre play it when I saw him. Few other tunes weren't my cup of tea, but an enjoyable mix none the less.

If you could return the favor & write me some feedback on my latest mix Jwood, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...ridlok-Fierce-Break-Silent-Witness-Spor-Phace

Really enjoyed the first tune & tease with The Rain. Inner Beauty & How Did I Let You Go was a nice mix, but a little brief. Then when Insignificant Thoughts came in, it was a bit out of nowhere & brief again. Would have liked to hear more of the mix in both cases, but both worked well. The double drop of Insignificant Thoughts & Eyes Wide Shut was a peach. Redline - Hush - Melanie were very melodic & enjoyable. I liked the way you brought in Love Affair & Mistakes. I like Mistakes, but don't enjoy mixing it as much as the other tunes on that LP. Really enjoyed the tease of Can Of Cancun, could have been a tad louder. Scale it Back rmx & Nightflight didn't really fit with the rest of the tunes in the mix, but it was mixed well & isn't really any reason to turn your nose up at the mix. Loved hearing Notting Hill again. A friend of mine has it & heard Calibre play it when I saw him. Few other tunes weren't my cup of tea, but an enjoyable mix none the less.

If you could return the favor & write me some feedback on my latest mix Jwood, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...ridlok-Fierce-Break-Silent-Witness-Spor-Phace

cheers for the feedback man, much appreciated (y) i agree with a lot of it. the mix was a bit off the cuff and after about 30 mins i was going completely on the fly so lost the flow a bit. I've still not sorted all the levels in serato so some are a bit quiet which is lazy on my behalf thus the volume drop on for instance c of cancun.

insignificant thoughts came out of nowhere as i initially started playing the wrong side and then had to find a later queue point so spent a bit longer mixing it in rather than bringing it in if you see what i mean..

shall check yours out tomorrow man tracklist looks very good indeed, repped (y)
edit: can't rep you, seems i did not long ago hehe

pon ze downliz...

TL is saying alot, will have a little of this!

I embrace your summery goodness with both arms James..

cheers fellas :)

This came on soundcloud whilst I was listening to new tracks.

Really good bro! The flow was spot on, real nice and melo..

Only gripe was the vocals clashed when you brought in last night..

Other than that good mix homie

really enjoyed this mix mate... its hard mixing liquid with vocals but i think you did well, the best you could with the tracks anyway!

That bcee remix is fuckig sick! bagging that straight sway tomorrow! mixing was tight mn.. impressive! wicked vibe to it aswel.. one for the boombox me thinks!

This came on soundcloud whilst I was listening to new tracks.

Really good bro! The flow was spot on, real nice and melo..

Only gripe was the vocals clashed when you brought in last night..

Other than that good mix homie

cheers man, thanks for checking :)
yeah i think it was inevitable i'd clash a vocal somewhere, that's why i don't usually do all liquid mixes..
i need to check your latest one, willl put it on the mp3 for work tomo

really enjoyed this mix mate... its hard mixing liquid with vocals but i think you did well, the best you could with the tracks anyway!

That bcee remix is fuckig sick! bagging that straight sway tomorrow! mixing was tight mn.. impressive! wicked vibe to it aswel.. one for the boombox me thinks!

cheers tone, not doing another liquid one for a while haha! gona stick to rolly business next time!

yeah man that remix is top notch, perfect blend of vocals and bass imo (y)

yes yes already had a listen...loads of really good tunes in here that ive bagged myself...
in particular, head up high, stay bcee remix... shame we have no sun to go with these uplifting tunes :/ haha

hope your well dude, nice to see some summer vibes. Ipod business for a good time yet.

nice to see you popping up again on here man!

ha yeah some sun would be nice to go with the tl, hopefully we'll get lucky at some point soon...

cheers for checking man, sort a mix out yourself! you and teddy are both slacking :(

Really enjoyed it! Very lush mixing, and a lot of new tracks i never heard before! Thats always nice.
Its 23 degree celsius here in Holland.. we can't complain :)
On replay now :)

looks good man right up my street. shall download and holla back

nice one man, hope you enjoy :)

Really enjoyed it! Very lush mixing, and a lot of new tracks i never heard before! Thats always nice.
Its 23 degree celsius here in Holland.. we can't complain :)
On replay now :)

haha lucky with the weather man! i bet when i get a job it will be instantly sunny. glad you enjoyed the mix though man, thanks a lot for listening (y)

transfering 1's & 0's to desktop.
looks good man.

gwarn to you sir, try and do a mix soon please, forum is empty without your mixings flying about

This was a sick mix, absolutely rolling man. I've been absolutely rinsing Villem - Hush so was nice to see that in there, better than the flip imo. Also really great to see Survival - Mistakes, another really lovely vocal track that doesnt get played enough. Cant fault the mixing at all as well man, everything seemed super smooth to me! Nice one

Back
Top Bottom