Jwoods Outlook mix entry

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Yeah i know i did a mix recently, but it's that time of year when festivals offer up mix competitions that I won't win but enter anyway.

Went digging through my vinyl on this one, which is why the first part is mainly older tech type stuff.

It's on mixcloud for now, but will upload somewhere if people want downloads etc

[MIXCLOUD]http://www.mixcloud.com/JwoodMMRB/outlook-2014-mix-competition-mmrb/[/MIXCLOUD]

http://dnbshare.com/download/Outlook_comp_mix_2014_mmrb.mp3.html

Technical Itch - Elevation
>> Ed Rush & Optical Watermelon
State of Play - Poor Mans Deal (Konflict Remix)
Outfit -New York
Teebee - Fingerprints
Jonny L - Wish U Had Something (Remix)
Mole the Dipper - Eye of the Dinosaur
Capone - Massive
DJ Gunshot - Wheel Up
Ed Rush & Optical - Medicine (Matrix Remix)
T.E.E.D - Garden (Calibre Remix)
SCAR - When
Mclean - Broken (Sigma Remix)
Dubplate - Wots My Code (Total Science Remix)
Total Science - No Justice (Jubei Remix)
Wu-Tang Clan - Careful (Click Click)
Loxy & Resound - Black Hole

Last edited:
cheers man (y) you too! thankfully it's just judged and not based on plays etc which is always nice

Bit of a MeNtAL mIX from you JAmEs. Glad to see you pushing things I suspect you've been munching pills by the handful you've got a good vibe going. Gonna listen to it again on proper speakers I feel it deserves my full attention.

You should never mix over the drop of Wheel Up to be honest though. Think of the amen as a weapon but one which you need to give room to for it to work.

Haha no pills this time! Cheers for checking man. Good point about wheel up, in retrospect maybe I should have done that but it's a bit late now. Learning curbs etc

Yes J glad to see you digging through the vinyl.

Will probably want a DL link at some stage if you could mate?
Seeing Massive in there makes me jealous. My copy is wrecked...

Will pop back with some thoughts later on mate.

Yes J glad to see you digging through the vinyl.

Will probably want a DL link at some stage if you could mate?
Seeing Massive in there makes me jealous. My copy is wrecked...

Will pop back with some thoughts later on mate.

Now with added DL link (y)

To be honest the first part was going to be the basis for an all vinyl mix but frankly i just havn't had the time or inclination to do it, so this seemed like a nice compromise.
Cheers mate, should be some tunes in there that you like

Listening now mate t/l looks great feed back in an about 40 mins lol

- - - Updated - - -

Nice mix mate technically sound i thought the second half was better than the first half tho but thats just my opinion :)

Listening now mate t/l looks great feed back in an about 40 mins lol

- - - Updated - - -

Nice mix mate technically sound i thought the second half was better than the first half tho but thats just my opinion :)

thanks a lot man! the first half was older fusty vinyls i dug out, so sound was slightly shitter as much as anything. there is a fair contrast between the first part and the second - variety is the spice of life etc!

thanks for checking and so on, appreciated (y)

Gave this a whirl today at work and thoroughly enjoyed it! Gonna go against the grain here and say that I liked the second half even better :) Wish U Had Something RMX coming in was huuuuge, haven't heard that tune before and love it, Medicine RMX >> Garden RMX is just too much, probably the best mix with Garden RMX I've heard, almost cried out of pure amazingness of this, the whole section When >> Broken RMX >> Wots My Code RMX >> No Justice RMX chain is brilliant as well and a nice little touch with that Wu-Tang Clan outro, best of luck in the comp mate! ;)

Gave this a whirl today at work and thoroughly enjoyed it! Gonna go against the grain here and say that I liked the second half even better :) Wish U Had Something RMX coming in was huuuuge, haven't heard that tune before and love it, Medicine RMX >> Garden RMX is just too much, probably the best mix with Garden RMX I've heard, almost cried out of pure amazingness of this, the whole section When >> Broken RMX >> Wots My Code RMX >> No Justice RMX chain is brilliant as well and a nice little touch with that Wu-Tang Clan outro, best of luck in the comp mate! ;)

Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it :)

I prefer the tunes i think in the first section, but the actual mixes i felt were better in the second!

yeah that wish u had something remix is so good! the flip is opticals remix of moving thru air which is also real good. glad you liked the medicine / garden mix, i think it summarises what i like to do when mixing, blending stuff together which contrasts but (hopefully) works!

:)

enjoyed this mix mate, great selection and tight mixing throughout, best bit for me had to be Ed Rush & Optical - Medicine (Matrix Remix) > T.E.E.D - Garden (Calibre Remix) > SCAR - When, such a great selection there, really know how to use garden to full effect, big up on this mix man and good luck in the comp

thanks a lot man! people seem to be digging medicine and garden a lot, i just like playing around with vocals really - adds something different to mixes when used right etc.

Cheers for checking again mate, glad you enjoyed it

Back
Top Bottom