Jwood's new Promo Mix

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Thought i'd pull my finger out and record a quick promo mix to try and get a set in London at some point

Short and sweet (i think)

Calibre - Out of the box
Commix - Justified
Skeptical & Dbridge - No Discipline
Bungle - Eclipse
Spectrasoul - Mimic
Marcus Intalex - Redan
Dbridge - Unbounded Joy
Dillinja - Acid Roller
Bungle - Cocooned
Marcus Intalex & SPY - Celestial Navigation
Calibre - No One Gets You
>> Sato - Detroit Lies Bleeding

beautifull mixed.. no faults. tunes selection is on point...

but one issue, its a fantastic studio mix that showcases your skills wiv mixing but i don't feel it showcases your 'hype' or culture for it .. so on that basis i wouln't choose you if i owned a club or if i was a promoter to play out in London.. i need to feel it.. if i can't feel it in my chest.. it aint tooo louddd!!!

anyways..love the bit into Cocooned though..

you remmeber those moments when dj fresh would tease in capture the flag bout an hour before he actually played it... thats hype.

all this opinion from somone who is not a promoter, i havn't been to a club in a along time so im very out of touch with whats what and whos who and how shit is done..

opinions good or bad.. or in my case downright stupid! but...
its-something.jpg

one last thing...

25:30 second.. you're whistling.... Andy C was far too cracked out to be whistling during a set....

WHISTLING.. are you bored???

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys, and mainly cats.

Get your point entirely, as discussed in scatty box it is for a warm up set, but yeah i do agree, gotta tailor to the audience. And the whistle is part of the tune! i was also probably whistling along though

Sounding good Jimmy m'boy! Nice and smooth. One of those mixes that makes me want to rifle through my records and have a good deep look for those riddims.

See you on Sunday maybe

Sounding good Jimmy m'boy! Nice and smooth. One of those mixes that makes me want to rifle through my records and have a good deep look for those riddims.

See you on Sunday maybe

If I can escape my bbq then maybeeee. Also cheers for listening.

Also you manu, in retrospect maybe I should have gone a bit heavier!

Top mix dude, Justified into No Discipline is something more djs should've done by now, those two work together splendid!

Also whole thing is really nicely done with plenty of variety and diversity and multiculturalism :rasta:

Jokes aside, good luck for the spot mate (yn):2thumbs:(yn)

You know I'm not sure if commix didn't do it at snb last year, but yeah it works nicely together.

Cheers for checking mate

Back
Top Bottom