Jwood's Movember Mix?

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Well i'm growing a tache so thought i'd also record a mix. logical i know.

Went slightly heavier and techier than previous mixes as i've always gone fairly liquid/deep mostly, so thought high time for a change. Apologies for the serato fart on the breakdown of critical switch - connection dropped so had to internal it, at which point serato decides it's clearly -5%. odd. but my decks are shagged.
anyways, any listens feedback abuse etc etc are always welcome.

Footloose VIP - Amoss
--Tubular - Fre4knc
Caution - ALix Perez & Icicle
Sandworm - Noisia
Bottomfeeder (Gridlok Remix) - Gridlok
Proteus - DJ Hazard
Bug Thump - Hybris
Time Tripping - Dj Hazard
Minus - Amoss
Fight Ogres - Brain Crisis
Pure Acid VIP - Cabin Fever
Chaingang (Jade Remix) - Black Sun Empire
Nomad - Audio
Whatever (Mefjus Remix) - Optiv & BTK
Instinct - Vicious Circle
Critical Switch (ft. Jakes) - Technical Itch
-- Mourning Dawn - Dbridge
-- One Of Them - Limewax
Haywire - Spor
Didgy - Survival
Chubrub - Ed Rush & Optical
-- Minimal Funk - Icicle
Gene Labs - Mindscape
Antimatter (Jade Remix) - Future Signal
Facade VIP - Noisia
Brainfreeze (Neonlight Remix) - Black Sun Empire
-- Search & Destroy (Lucio De Rimanez Remix) - Donny

tumblr_inline_mpjmheVl8N1qz4rgp.gif

First 15 minutes were tight, nice blends, just rolled through to Time Tripping, very clean well eq'd - track around 22 mins got my attention, just listening while going through emails, but that mix with Pure Acid was big ! and seems like its gona start here for me, just warming me up weren't ya haha didnt know there was a VIP either so nice surprise.. the next mix with the Jade remix was wicked too
Never heard that Tech Itch tune ! how i duno ! but love the Tech itch sound and the blends after were sick and just got better and better with Churub, Minimal Funk, then later the mix with Facade and ending on some heavy madness ! was a real trip this mix, very well put together

Cheers guys, hope you all enjoy etc (y)

First 15 minutes were tight, nice blends, just rolled through to Time Tripping, very clean well eq'd - track around 22 mins got my attention, just listening while going through emails, but that mix with Pure Acid was big ! and seems like its gona start here for me, just warming me up weren't ya haha didnt know there was a VIP either so nice surprise.. the next mix with the Jade remix was wicked too
Never heard that Tech Itch tune ! how i duno ! but love the Tech itch sound and the blends after were sick and just got better and better with Churub, Minimal Funk, then later the mix with Facade and ending on some heavy madness ! was a real trip this mix, very well put together

Glad you enjoyed it mate, it did start off a bit different but i wanted to change it up a bit and turns out i just went slightly heavier! yeah that tech itch tune is so good, really recommend the whole EP, tune on there called elevation is sick but a bitch to mix.
appreciate the listen and feedback as ever man :)

Digged this James.

Like the way you eased in Tubular after Footloose VIP dropped. Smooth transition. Big ups for playing Caution wicked tune well underrated. Wicked mix into Sandstorm and thought the mids of Caution poked through really solidly. The next mix with Bottomfeeder remix bounced nicely off Sandstorm.

Bug Thumps mids over Time Tripping was also a really swish blend. Minus doubled with Time Tripping also made for a wicked double.

For me the Haywire > Didgy > Chubrub section was my favourite. Felt that when Didgy came in the highs of haywire were a little too much (might be my shitty headphones ive got today) but the mid-ranges of Didgy and Chubrub worked a treat together. Surprised no one else has done that mix before it was spot on for me.

Big big mix. Not sure if I like this more that your previous one, but really digged the selection throughout.

Stomper lad. Get in.

I always find gems of tunes I didn't already know in your mixes. Partly because I don't follow as much anymore I guess.

Also I could have sworn planas - breathtaking d bridge remix was gonna come in at the end. Random

downloaded, will be checked ! looks good

Yes J.
Looks menacing
(y) hope you enjoy lads!

Digged this James.

Like the way you eased in Tubular after Footloose VIP dropped. Smooth transition. Big ups for playing Caution wicked tune well underrated. Wicked mix into Sandstorm and thought the mids of Caution poked through really solidly. The next mix with Bottomfeeder remix bounced nicely off Sandstorm.

Bug Thumps mids over Time Tripping was also a really swish blend. Minus doubled with Time Tripping also made for a wicked double.

For me the Haywire > Didgy > Chubrub section was my favourite. Felt that when Didgy came in the highs of haywire were a little too much (might be my shitty headphones ive got today) but the mid-ranges of Didgy and Chubrub worked a treat together. Surprised no one else has done that mix before it was spot on for me.

Big big mix. Not sure if I like this more that your previous one, but really digged the selection throughout.

Cheers for the feedback as ever stu, agree with it entirely really, although i felt that sandstorm and caution was a bit muddy and lost the impact a bit. probably not the favourite mix i've done i don't think but i wanted to do something different.
all being well the next will be an all vinyl old school affair when i get my decks sorted!

Fucking hell James
:)
Stomper lad. Get in.

I always find gems of tunes I didn't already know in your mixes. Partly because I don't follow as much anymore I guess.

Also I could have sworn planas - breathtaking d bridge remix was gonna come in at the end. Random

as long as you find good tunes in it then that's a massive bonus! spreading the musical love and all that jazz. haha i'll record you a special edit with that in for you if you want ;)?

- - - Updated - - -

Bug Thump / Time Tripping

Shut up

(y) glad you dug that mix, time tripping just works with everything i think!

such a quality mix man, the first 3 tunes fitted like a glove, mix time tripping with minus was my fav, very nice executed! you should do techy ones more often

cheers man, kind words!

yeah time tripping and minus is probably my favourite of the lot too, i love the way it works together. thanks a lot for listening mate

Back
Top Bottom