Jwood's mix for Wasteman FM (pt 2)

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
artworks-000075953065-ixfimm-t500x500.jpg

Recorded another mix for the team over at Wasteman FM, same as the first one, plenty of deeper and liquidy vibes, but with a few slightly heavier bits too.
Initially got taken down for copyright infringements, so re-recorded the intro with a new tune and stiched it to the original mix - simply don't have the time or patience to redo a mix on the basis of a bullshit soundcloud whinge.

Anyway hope people enjoy if they listen, any thoughts and criticisms appreciated as always.

Calibre - Miraculous [Signature]
Stray - Can of Cancun [Critical]
Rockwell - The Rain [Shogun Audio]
Dbridge - Creatures of Habit [Exit]
Philth - Your Love [Dispatch]
Mindmapper & Fre4knc - Apparatus [Dispatch]
Detail & Tiiu - Days Go By [Symmetry]
Tom Small - Next War (Bredren Remix)[Free]
Arkaik - Wax [Diffrent]
Alix Perez - Fade Away [Shogun]
Commix - Life We Lead [Soul: R]
Dbridge - Since We've Been Apart [Shogun]
Skeptical ft Collette Warren - Desire [Soul:R]
Calibre - Close to Me [Signature]
Alix Perez - Menacing Ways [Shogun]
B-Complex - Three Dots [Hospital]
Rockwell - Aria [Critical]
Ivy Lab - Live On Your Smile [Critical]
Spectrasoul - Organiser [Critical]
Skeptical ft. Collette Warren - Always Be Mine [Soul:R]
Radicall - Fotoplastikon [LW Recordings]
Rockwell - Full Circle [Shogun]
Calibre - Key Flix [Signature]

Last edited:
Just listened to this mate. Absolutely smashed it man! Great work. So many big tunes iv never heard! Cant even pick out the good mixes as i only know a few of the tunes but all flowed so well! Big up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just finished his as well J. Big mix right here mang....been waiting for something from you. Whole thing was solid some little slips but i can't ever seem to make througha mix without fucking up some way ha ha. Favorite mixes were these.....

Miraculous/can of cancun
Apparatus/days go by
Wax/fade away
Always be mine/footoplastikon....my favorite of the mix right here....almos want to go buy these so i can do this mix at my house ha ha.

Just listened to this mate. Absolutely smashed it man! Great work. So many big tunes iv never heard! Cant even pick out the good mixes as i only know a few of the tunes but all flowed so well! Big up.

Cheers tone, much appreciated man :) glad you enjoyed the bits you've not heard before, that's what i love about the members mixes section, so many bits that you can pick up from other people!

i just finished his as well J. Big mix right here mang....been waiting for something from you. Whole thing was solid some little slips but i can't ever seem to make througha mix without fucking up some way ha ha. Favorite mixes were these.....

Miraculous/can of cancun
Apparatus/days go by
Wax/fade away
Always be mine/footoplastikon....my favorite of the mix right here....almos want to go buy these so i can do this mix at my house ha ha.

Thanks for checking man! yeah there always seems to be the odd slip that sneaks in, that wretched break down on days go by really did me over!

glad you enjoyed the wax/fade away mix and the always be mine fotoplastikon one as well, probably 2 of my faves from it! just go buy them man, i always copy mixes of people from here when i play about at home, gives you ideas for new mixes yourself i always find.
cheers for listening once again man.

@papa - hopefully the mix lives up to the quality of the gif hunting!

Yes James - given this a few whirls in the car the last couple of days and for me there is one mix I keep on rewinding back to...

So good man. Your mixing seems effortless in places (y)

Yes James - given this a few whirls in the car the last couple of days and for me there is one mix I keep on rewinding back to...

Cars are always the best places to listen to mixes i find, good choice!
Haha well let's face it, you were always going to enjoy anything involving always be mine! it's just so nice to be able to eventuallllly play it :)
Thanks for checking and the kind comments as ever man, hurry up and do one of yours.

Well I guess the first one was OK so I will give this one a try. pon the dl xxx

I hope it lives up to your expectations, are you making a reappearance on facebook every?

massive mix, selection and transitions on point as usual, the only bit I didn't think worked too well was Detail & Tiiu - Days Go By > Tom Small - Next War, sounded a bit out I think or the tunes just don't sit right together? other than that everything was on point, my favourite blend in this mix had to be Mindmapper & Fre4knc - Apparatus > Detail & Tiiu - Days Go By, tracks worked so well together and really liked the way you brought in days go by, big up on this one mate

I was quite blown away by this your mixes are alway instant dl but soon as i saw this tl i thought " jesus james did you pick those from my stack?" Once ive listen a couple more times i will write a decent feedback might not be dub detective style tho but ill try and do it justice.

I found it hard to get passed this untold rewinds!

Stu ive been waiting on this crit-mods mix for a year now pull your finger out ;)

massive mix, selection and transitions on point as usual, the only bit I didn't think worked too well was Detail & Tiiu - Days Go By > Tom Small - Next War, sounded a bit out I think or the tunes just don't sit right together? other than that everything was on point, my favourite blend in this mix had to be Mindmapper & Fre4knc - Apparatus > Detail & Tiiu - Days Go By, tracks worked so well together and really liked the way you brought in days go by, big up on this one mate

Thanks a lot for listening and the feedback as ever. Days go by and next war i just slipped up. Glad you enjoyed it overall though man!

I was quite blown away by this your mixes are alway instant dl but soon as i saw this tl i thought " jesus james did you pick those from my stack?" Once ive listen a couple more times i will write a decent feedback might not be dub detective style tho but ill try and do it justice.

Great minds and all that eh ;) Glad you like the look of it man, i always try to pick tunes that i enjoy and think will work rather than just pulling newer bits (y)

Firstly - Can Of Cancun..... really compliments the soulful roll of Miraculous, then with The Rain.... yes! Would have loved to include that in my Ticky Ticky mix, but haven't made the switch yet :) Liking that Apparatus in there.... subtly dark roller. Next War (Bredren Remix) sounding like some Fre4knc thing and Wax works a treat complimenting it. Vocals of Since We've Been Apart & Desire tie in nicely. Wasn't expecting what happened on Aria's drop. Very nice touch :) Organiser - Always Be Mine - Fotoplastikon was a wicked string. Really liked how the choppy beat in Always Be Mine came through the tunes either side of it + how the bass and melody drove through the tickiness off Full Circle off the back of that section

Great selection. Really liked the way you blended dark / brooding rollers with some more liquidy soulful stuff or some more steppy / punchy hard hitting bits with hooks. Shows good knowledge of your tunes and what 'goes' in mixes (y)

Back
Top Bottom