Jwood's March Mix

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Another of my unimaginatively named mixes.

To make up for that i tried to keep the tracklisting a little varied, although ended up just being vocal here, vocal there etc etc!
Hashed together fairly quickly, borrowing a mates 900s as my tts are pretty fucked and the needle keeps going rogue, so it's not my best mix ever, but i'm relatively happy with it.

criticism/thoughts/feedback all welcomed as usual. cheeers

EDIT: No it's not, copyright claims. fuck off soundcloud

i'll upload somewhere better tomorrow

MIXCLOUD
http://www.mixcloud.com/JwoodMMRB/jwoods-march-mix/

http://dnbshare.com/download/March_Mix_2013.mp3.html

Gza - 4th Chamber (ft. Ghostface Killer, Rza & Killer Priest)
Jade - This is My World (Icicle Remix)
DRS - Bun Ya (feat. Dub Phizix, Strategy, Fox, Skittles, Chimpo, Konny Kon & T Man)
Enei - No Fear (ft. Riya)
Dub Phizix & Skittles - I'm a Creator
Tom Small - Unreal Soul
Commix - How you Gonna Feel (ft. Steve Spacek)
Neef For Mirrors - Poison Apple
DJ Chap - Midnight Love (ft. Iriann Joyce)
Loxy & Resound - Conqueror X
Jubei ft. Flowdan - Say Nothin' (Rockwell remix)
Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Rags
Dbridge - Mourning Dawn
Dub Phizix - Rainy City Music
Bungle - Aura
Deft - Masquerade
Fracture ft. Dawn Day Night - Get Busy
Mefjus & Kasra - Cypher
Black Sun Empire - Lead Us
>> Break - Run Off
DC Breaks - Creeper
Digital & Spirit - Phantom Force (Fracture remix)
>>Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Marka
Lynx - Midnight Funk
Foreign Concept - Jaipur (Villem remix)
>> Hazard - Air Guitar

Last edited:

Another one feels the wrath of the pointless soundcloud bullshit. Try laying a vocal sample or watermark at the beginning on top of the intro to fool soundcloud. Or just deactivate downloads.

I am awaiting eagerly. Run Off tease? Fuck off bidness.

You should get an email telling you otherwise it'd be a kafqaesque nightmare of not knowing what the charges were or how to defend yourself. Luckily we aren't there yet.

updated with a dnbshare link, will sort something better tomorrow.

turns out it's the gza tune, shame really

Downloading mate, tl looks huge

specially that Run Off tease over Lead Us, can't wait to take a listen to that

borrowing a mates 900s as my tts are pretty fucked and the needle keeps going rogue, so it's not my best mix ever, but i'm relatively happy with it.

>> Break - Run Off

Thats savage about wandering needles man. Time for some new styli from the sounds of things.
Had a problem with soundcloud once over the same thing, but for me it was Two Fingers - Fools Rhythm. Run Off tease..... interesting :) Pretty much the whole tracklist looks tasty, plus some Wu... will be the next mix I listen to

Finally another Jwood mix. Was looking out for something like this.

Early morning listening might as well rock some feedback.

DRS - Bun Ya (feat. Dub Phizix, Strategy, Fox, Skittles, Chimpo, Konny Kon & T Man)
Tom Small - Unreal Soul

Really liked this initial section of the mix. Haven't really heard Bun Ya in a members mix, fitted quite well with TIMW Icicle Remix, then I thought using the bit where Bun Ya cuts to no beat, & dropping No Fear was quite clever layering the vocal over the top. Digged it. Creator made for a good blend leaving the bass in of No Fear. Good Stuff J. Next mix with Unreal Soul blended wicked with Creator & this is so far a killer mix.

Wasn't too sure on the mix into How You Gonna Feel, but the mix out of it with Poison Apple was a smooth blend, lost a little bit of energy when you took HYGF out of the mix but it was still swish as fuck!

Next few mixes changed up the style nicely, Rockwell Remix > Rags was pretty swish too really struggle to find a comfortable blend with Rags so big ups for that.

Good to hear Mourning Dawn Again, liked the inital drop with Rainy City Music with the big drum of Mourning Dawn taking over, bit strange it was mixed for 16 bars then it seemed to come back in 16 bars later...wasn't too sure. Love Rainy City Music though, can't wait to have it. Next mix with Aura was cool though. Just seemed to roll seemlessly with Rainy City Music.

Energy levels right back up with the Deft > Get Busy mix. Next mix into Cypher was spot on surprised how well Cypher worked with Get Busy, cool.

Expecting the next mix with Run Off and Lead Us to be killer. & Yes makes for a manic mix. Got me bobbing away nicely. Would have maybe utilised the cuts in Lead Us. when in the mix & slightly reduce the highs in lead us, but I'm looking for faults in a so far faultless mix. Breakdown is back of Lead Us, so chilled and eerie considering how much of a beast of a tune it is.

Creeper isn't a favourite of mine but this was a good double with Lead Us, can't fault it whatsoever for a killer double. spot on again J. Killing it. Switch up into the Fracture Remix. Marka is in and rollin', cooooool vibes. love the way you have showcased loads of different styles in this mix and continually kept the momentum going.

Midnight Funk next the funky bassline rolled over the steppy vibes of the fracture remix well. Not my favourite blend in here but was clean, no complaints there. Jaipur Villem Remix on the double, cool not bad at all! the funky beat of Midnight Funk just pokes over the top of the mix but not bad again J.
Air Guitar lastly, Good double again with Jaipur remix.

Well that was something!

Loved the change up in styles to accomodate for various different tunes and to get them all in one mix is pretty special man. Blends, switchups were all good, Certainly the intro up to Unreal Soul was super smooth blending.
EQ's were good man, this will probably remain on my Ipod for a little while I imagine.

Wicked sir, this was spot on. Selection & mixing was tight. (y)

The intro with 4th Chamber was wicked. Love the vocal samples & the minimal simplistic beats that the Wu are renowned for. This Is My World rmx's beat raised the bar for its stomping filth, this tune working a treat with 4th Chamber. Actually reminds me that I have the 36 Chambers on vinyl & used to do some funny mixes with Shame On The black person & C.R.E.A.M time ago. Also really like This Is My World rmx, but wasn't going to pick up the LP for a few tunes off that. Bun Ya's choppy beat contrasted This Is My World rmx a treat when that came in, letting the vocals work on top of the mix, similar to the first mix with 4th Chamber. Ooo, I hear No Fear easing in nicely, bouncing very well with Bun Ya for the next MC' section & for him to do his thing. Really liked No Fear when it came out & should start playing it more myself. Was hoping there was going to be a double drop out of No Fear & you didn't let me down. Loved the way the beat in Creator sat so well next to No Fear, bouncing in & out of it, filling in No Fear & keeping the beat rolling from one to another on alternate beats. Fav mix so far :) Not sure what is building into the mix without checking, but the levels sounded peachy with Unreal Soul as it was brought into the mix. Liked the way the percussion & beat structures in that complimented Creator, in the 2nd lot of 32 bars for that mix. Unmistakable vocals of Steve Spacek whisper in to announce the arrival of How You Gonna Feel, keeping the beat from Unreal Soul in, creating an almost double bounce to HYGF, similar to Cracker (Jubei rmx) from the original Cracker. Another very nice mix & next favourite on the ears. Some almost cowbell beats kick into the breakdown in HYGF & loved hearing Poison Apple again. Must start playing that one again too :) & liked the fact that you kept HYGF in for a fair amount of time, as I was enjoying that mix. Not heard Midnight Love before, but it was brought in effectively for the double & the vocals to take me unawares. Memorably mild tribal drum rolls of Conqueror X roll from the second half of Midnight Love after the menacing electronic echos of its intro. Say Nothin rmx puts a smile on my face, hearing it coming into the mix, and already wondering how the tune will be mixed out of it. Worked wonders with Conqueror X & Ragz, WOW man! That mix is pure quality! Loved hearing Ragz in a mix again, bouncing in & out of Say Nothin rmx's beats. Another wicked selection right there.

Had seen Mourning Dawn in the TL, but hadn't heard it in a mix since Icicle played it in his B2B rinse fm show with Spinline. Wicked mix with Ragz & Mourning Dawn, the way the coarse drum beats & woodenish high end in that step into Ragz' unorthodox beat structure, before Mourning Dawn steps on its own with some filth bass every now & again. Rainy City Music is such an aptly chosen name, as hearing it ease into the ride it does make me think of looking out of a window on a rainy day + keeping Mourning Dawn in for its breakdown, I thought it had disappeared from the mix, but definitely a nice surprise when that came back in. Rainy City Music reminds me of a particular tune that will hopefully make it into a project later this year (just holding out for a small handful of tunes atm ;) ) Aura floats in off the wind in this rainy city, bringing a different step to the mix with Masquerade. My, Masquerade changes up the ride with some warehouse vibes before Get Busy is in under the radar for the beats in both to bounce nicely together. Eagerly anticipating the mix with Cypher, as it will be the first members mix I have heard it in, it builds where I would have brought it in. The bass note in Cypher sitting pretty much where the drawn out note is in Get Busy, not really pushing through the mix, but sat well with Get Busy. Not heard Lead Us before, which builds with some regal strings and left to ramp up the energy on its own. Not too keen on the breakbeaty bits compared with all that had gone before in the mix, but the tease with Run Off made the mix take off a bit. Plus the parts where Lead Us break to no beat, with Run Off still rolling were nice to hear. Wasn't keen on Creeper with Lead Us as they aren't my cup of tea. Phantom Force rmx brings more pleasing riffs to my ears. Can't wait for the mix with Marka, then it is in while writing "Can't wait".... the beats in both those tunes complimenting the other very well, with their half time steppy business. Midnight Funk a cool contrast to Phantom Force rmx with Lynx' bass and dj friendly rolling beats. Waiting on getting my hands on that Phantom Force rmx, as I ordered it with something coming next month & really looking forward to it. Liked hearing Jaipur rmx' vocals in for the breakdown in Midnight Funk + hearing the actual tune again, as loads of forum heads were battering it in mixes on here when it first saw the light of day. Nice to let tunes breath before hearing them again. And as Mr Smith mentioned about Air Guitar, the double with Jaipur rmx was quality. The winding bassline of Air Guitar doing its thing under the bounced wobbs of Jaipur rmx was a wicked mix to end the ride on.

A thoroughly enjoyable mix for Tuesday morning, or anytime really. Tune selection was varied, pretty much all of the tunes fit the next tune they were being mixed with in my mind. Fav mixes I did mention through the paragraphs above, but really liked No Fear - Creator, Unreal Soul - How You Gonna Feel & Say Nothin rmx - Ragz. Nice one J!

Last edited:
cheers for downloading and stuff guys, there is a mixcloud link up now as well (y) soundcloud looks like it may be a long thing..

Tom Small - Unreal Soul

Really liked this initial section of the mix. Haven't really heard Bun Ya in a members mix, fitted quite well with TIMW Icicle Remix, then I thought using the bit where Bun Ya cuts to no beat, & dropping No Fear was quite clever layering the vocal over the top. Digged it. Creator made for a good blend leaving the bass in of No Fear. Good Stuff J. Next mix with Unreal Soul blended wicked with Creator & this is so far a killer mix.

Wasn't too sure on the mix into How You Gonna Feel, but the mix out of it with Poison Apple was a smooth blend, lost a little bit of energy when you took HYGF out of the mix but it was still swish as fuck!

Next few mixes changed up the style nicely, Rockwell Remix > Rags was pretty swish too really struggle to find a comfortable blend with Rags so big ups for that.

Good to hear Mourning Dawn Again, liked the inital drop with Rainy City Music with the big drum of Mourning Dawn taking over, bit strange it was mixed for 16 bars then it seemed to come back in 16 bars later...wasn't too sure. Love Rainy City Music though, can't wait to have it. Next mix with Aura was cool though. Just seemed to roll seemlessly with Rainy City Music.

Energy levels right back up with the Deft > Get Busy mix. Next mix into Cypher was spot on surprised how well Cypher worked with Get Busy, cool.

Expecting the next mix with Run Off and Lead Us to be killer. & Yes makes for a manic mix. Got me bobbing away nicely. Would have maybe utilised the cuts in Lead Us. when in the mix & slightly reduce the highs in lead us, but I'm looking for faults in a so far faultless mix. Breakdown is back of Lead Us, so chilled and eerie considering how much of a beast of a tune it is.

Creeper isn't a favourite of mine but this was a good double with Lead Us, can't fault it whatsoever for a killer double. spot on again J. Killing it. Switch up into the Fracture Remix. Marka is in and rollin', cooooool vibes. love the way you have showcased loads of different styles in this mix and continually kept the momentum going.

Midnight Funk next the funky bassline rolled over the steppy vibes of the fracture remix well. Not my favourite blend in here but was clean, no complaints there. Jaipur Villem Remix on the double, cool not bad at all! the funky beat of Midnight Funk just pokes over the top of the mix but not bad again J.
Air Guitar lastly, Good double again with Jaipur remix.

Well that was something!

Loved the change up in styles to accomodate for various different tunes and to get them all in one mix is pretty special man. Blends, switchups were all good, Certainly the intro up to Unreal Soul was super smooth blending.
(y)

massive thanks for the huage feedback man, glad you enjoyed it! i really did try to go for a bit more diversity, there's so much good music around i didn't want to pigeon hole the mix into one style of dnb, so had to try to find a way to fit it all in.

to be fair i mostly agree with all your comments, i was uenasy about how you gona feel and poison apple as it does change the vibe prettty drastically but oh well!
cheers again man, as always i will listen to yours and attempt to feedback in a similar fashion!

The intro with 4th Chamber was wicked. Love the vocal samples & the minimal simplistic beats that the Wu are renowned for. This Is My World rmx's beat raised the bar for its stomping filth, this tune working a treat with 4th Chamber. Actually reminds me that I have the 36 Chambers on vinyl & used to do some funny mixes with Shame On The black person & C.R.E.A.M time ago. Also really like This Is My World rmx, but wasn't going to pick up the LP for a few tunes off that. Bun Ya's choppy beat contrasted This Is My World rmx a treat when that came in, letting the vocals work on top of the mix, similar to the first mix with 4th Chamber. Ooo, I hear No Fear easing in nicely, bouncing very well with Bun Ya for the next MC' section & for him to do his thing. Really liked No Fear when it came out & should start playing it more myself. Was hoping there was going to be a double drop out of No Fear & you didn't let me down. Loved the way the beat in Creator sat so well next to No Fear, bouncing in & out of it, filling in No Fear & keeping the beat rolling from one to another on alternate beats. Fav mix so far :) Not sure what is building into the mix without checking, but the levels sounded peachy with Unreal Soul as it was brought into the mix. Liked the way the percussion & beat structures in that complimented Creator, in the 2nd lot of 32 bars for that mix. Unmistakable vocals of Steve Spacek whisper in to announce the arrival of How You Gonna Feel, keeping the beat from Unreal Soul in, creating an almost double bounce to HYGF, similar to Cracker (Jubei rmx) from the original Cracker. Another very nice mix & next favourite on the ears. Some almost cowbell beats kick into the breakdown in HYGF & loved hearing Poison Apple again. Must start playing that one again too :) & liked the fact that you kept HYGF in for a fair amount of time, as I was enjoying that mix. Not heard Midnight Love before, but it was brought in effectively for the double & the vocals to take me unawares. Memorably mild tribal drum rolls of Conqueror X roll from the second half of Midnight Love after the menacing electronic echos of its intro. Say Nothin rmx puts a smile on my face, hearing it coming into the mix, and already wondering how the tune will be mixed out of it. Worked wonders with Conqueror X & Ragz, WOW man! That mix is pure quality! Loved hearing Ragz in a mix again, bouncing in & out of Say Nothin rmx's beats. Another wicked selection right there.

Had seen Mourning Dawn in the TL, but hadn't heard it in a mix since Icicle played it in his B2B rinse fm show with Spinline. Wicked mix with Ragz & Mourning Dawn, the way the coarse drum beats & woodenish high end in that step into Ragz' unorthodox beat structure, before Mourning Dawn steps on its own with some filth bass every now & again. Rainy City Music is such an aptly chosen name, as hearing it ease into the ride it does make me think of looking out of a window on a rainy day + keeping Mourning Dawn in for its breakdown, I thought it had disappeared from the mix, but definitely a nice surprise when that came back in. Rainy City Music reminds me of a particular tune that will hopefully make it into a project later this year (just holding out for a small handful of tunes atm ;) ) Aura floats in off the wind in this rainy city, bringing a different step to the mix with Masquerade. My, Masquerade changes up the ride with some warehouse vibes before Get Busy is in under the radar for the beats in both to bounce nicely together. Eagerly anticipating the mix with Cypher, as it will be the first members mix I have heard it in, it builds where I would have brought it in. The bass note in Cypher sitting pretty much where the drawn out note is in Get Busy, not really pushing through the mix, but sat well with Get Busy. Not heard Lead Us before, which builds with some regal strings and left to ramp up the energy on its own. Not too keen on the breakbeaty bits compared with all that had gone before in the mix, but the tease with Run Off made the mix take off a bit. Plus the parts where Lead Us break to no beat, with Run Off still rolling were nice to hear. Wasn't keen on Creeper with Lead Us as they aren't my cup of tea. Phantom Force rmx brings more pleasing riffs to my ears. Can't wait for the mix with Marka, then it is in while writing "Can't wait".... the beats in both those tunes complimenting the other very well, with their half time steppy business. Midnight Funk a cool contrast to Phantom Force rmx with Lynx' bass and dj friendly rolling beats. Waiting on getting my hands on that Phantom Force rmx, as I ordered it with something coming next month & really looking forward to it. Liked hearing Jaipur rmx' vocals in for the breakdown in Midnight Funk + hearing the actual tune again, as loads of forum heads were battering it in mixes on here when it first saw the light of day. Nice to let tunes breath before hearing them again. And as Mr Smith mentioned about Air Guitar, the double with Jaipur rmx was quality. The winding bassline of Air Guitar doing its thing under the bounced wobbs of Jaipur rmx was a wicked mix to end the ride on.

A thoroughly enjoyable mix for Tuesday morning, or anytime really. Tune selection was varied, pretty much all of the tunes fit the next tune they were being mixed with in my mind. Fav mixes I did mention through the paragraphs above, but really liked No Fear - Creator, Unreal Soul - How You Gonna Feel & Say Nothin rmx - Ragz. Nice one J!

Cheers for the massive feedback as with stu! i thought you would like this in particular, lots of slightly steppier stuff and different mixes to usual so glad you seemed to dig it all!
i love that double with no fear, when chimpos "get battered" vocal comes in after 16 it's just too much!

rockwell remix and rags i found by pure accident, but those are the best kind of mixes sometimes!

really appreciate the time you take to feedback in such detail, i was going to for your last one but i think i refreshed the page like a twat, infuriating to say the least, will do it on the train home on thursday. (y)

Peeping this one now man.

You know. Those tom small bits are so tight.

hip hop > icicle tune worked real nice.
>drs - forgot about this one. tune. might have sounded better keeping the bass of that icicle bit in when the vocal dropped.
> enei - ye nice blend.
>phixiz - shame the vocal clashed in the build up. stomping mix tho.
>tom small - yes! dangerous.
>commix - gem of a tune. the like snappy 'ahhs' in the tom small bit fitted nice
> need for mirrors - ye they work well together.
>dj chap - sounded nice and in key
>loxy - forgot about this one too :s my memory ye. grumpy tune. works with the vocal
>flowdan - i dont like this remix but vocal was sick over that loxy bit
>phizix - RAH. fat mix. made that rockwell remix sound almost alright.
> dbridge - big mix. drums are so fat in the dibridge bit
>phizix - smooth man. love this tune
>aura - don't know this one. atmospheric tings. love the percs

i gotta duck out man. i'll try and finish this!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom