Jwood's June Mix

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
New mix from myself, tried to get a range of tunes in so it wasn't too samey.
Couple of blips here and there but nothing too serious imo. Allow me forgetting the extra 8 on the Enei remix!

Feedback, critques, abuse etc all welcome and noted (y) hope you enjoy.

Fre4knc - Tubular
- T.E.E.D - Garden (Calibre Remix)
Instra:mental - No Future
Overlook - Glass
Getz - My Soul
Subtension - Changes
The Upbeats feat. Tasha Baxter - Alone (Fourward Remix)
- Sinthetix - Ultraviolet
Zero Method - Subatomic Structure
Chase & Status - Blind Faith (Loadstar Remix)
Stray - Ginseng Smash
Break - Time After Time
Ray Keith - Deeper Love
Icicle & Spectrasoul - Wounded
London Elektricity - U Gotta B Crazy (Enei Remix)
Hazard - Time Tripping
Optical - To Shape the Future (Remix)
Chris SU - Elevation
Rockwell - Underpass
Calibre - Key Flix
System - Sy Fi
Judda & Krakota - Rodan
Foreign Concept - Possessive
SPY - Go with the Flow
Spectrasoul - III Note Soul
Brother - Manna
Loxy & Resound - Black Hole
- June Miller - Give up the Ghost

Wicked looking TL from the outset.

The way the first 2 tunes blended was exceptionally nice. Really like both those first 2 and haven't heard Garden rmx mixed with anything more rolling or darker till now, but the way those 2 sat together really complimented each other for the long tease. The bounce in No Future eased in well in the breakdowny build up of Tubular when that came in, the 'No Future' vocal sitting on the beat when Tubular had finished tearing its way into the second half was nice. Also didn't bring the energy of the mix down when No Future came in. I should really own No Future, can't believe I didn't pick it up at the time.

Glass drove its way into No Future working nicely with the beats in the former tune, creating an almost rumbled beat, taking No Futures drums to another level & keeping the mix in for an extensive ride is always nice when it is done so well. Really enjoyed that mix, and my favourite so far :) Love that My Soul tune too ever since its been sat in the stack and you used it to great effect, coming in not too long after the second part of Glass is in, keeping the hooks in Glass peeking out from the relentless drums & simplistic bass roll of My Soul.

Blind Faith rmx - Ginseng Smash sounded a peach together, the vocals mostly taking their turn to talk in the mix. Both tunes bringing that kinda old throw back vibe to that mix. Time After Time bring the effective amount of contrasting tune to Ginseng, really complimenting that with something that is a fair amount of different from Stray's tune, keeping the mix in for longer too was a nice touch. The way the even deeper bass of Deeper Love too over from TAT taking the ride into deeper jungle territory was a wicked direction for that blend.

U Gotta Be Crazy rmx sat well with Wounded, not sounding too out of place with the stray 8 bar...... even if you hadn't mentioned it. Then into Time Tripping...... :O what a quality mix! Been loving Time Tripping & tends to sit well with punchy, snappy tunes. I don't need to say anything about Time Tripping - To Shape The Future rmx. The latter tune speaks for itself, and bringing that intro in through the central breakdown of Time Tripping was another nice personal touch. Elevation - Underpass rolled the wooden beat of Underpass with the floaty atmosphere of Elevation very well. Always good to hear Underpass again :) Not heard Manna before, but the mildly jungle bits in that worked a treat with the tribal beats of Black Hole & bounce in the Loxy and Resound bit. Not heard Give Up The Ghost in a long time. Very choice ambient way to tease out the end of the mix with those beautiful melodies.

A lovely variety of tunes in there. A few little notes where the tunes run slightly, but vastly a tight ride. Thoroughly enjoyable right the way through. Just picked up on the tunes / mixes that I enjoyed the most out of what was in there. Great stuff man!

As ever thanks so much for the detailed feedback man, it is really really appreciated as it helps in directing me when i'm thinking of how to improve (barring the obvious!).

Yeah i only got No future a few weeks ago, just one of those tunes that I just never remembered to buy. I'm glad you picked up on my favourite bits too, notably the start, the ginseng smash mix and the time tripping one. I tend to try and work with vocals as much as possible as i tend to think it moves the mix around more, so glad you appreciated those! once again thanks a lot man, i may have missed your most recent one as i've been a bit out the loop recently but i shall endeavor to listen (y)

As ever thanks so much for the detailed feedback man, it is really really appreciated as it helps in directing me when i'm thinking of how to improve (barring the obvious!).

Yeah i only got No future a few weeks ago, just one of those tunes that I just never remembered to buy. I'm glad you picked up on my favourite bits too, notably the start, the ginseng smash mix and the time tripping one. I tend to try and work with vocals as much as possible as i tend to think it moves the mix around more, so glad you appreciated those! once again thanks a lot man, i may have missed your most recent one as i've been a bit out the loop recently but i shall endeavor to listen (y)

No worries J! Not sure I help with feedback on how to improve, but I'm happy to feedback if the tracklist looks wicked.
Need to hunt down a copy of No Future :)

Enjoyed this mix, I somehow haven't heard Spectrasoul - III Note Soul before, will have to buy it.
The last few tracks was the best bit for me

(y) discogs is probably the best bet tbh, think it's sold out elsewhere

http://www.surus.co.uk/Nonplus-Records/Wonder-Where-No-Future-10247.aspx :)

listening now james will leave some thoughts inabit (sounding buff so far)

- - - Updated - - -

above all the selection here is wicked, really does have a bit of everything and there aren't any noticeable clashes considering the variation. some of the parts i really enjoyed:

no future > glass > my soul. that third track i really didn't think that much of until now, does sit very well in the mix
ginseng smash through to wounded. lovely jungly vibes
u gotta b crazy remix > time tripping. :gun: that was deadly
sy fi > rodan. got nuff love for sy fi but rodan hhrrrngnng, wicked tune
black hole > give up the ghost. love the vocals from the latter, works beautifully with black hole. lovely way to finish

^ nearly the whole mix haha

no need to comment on mixing ability which is clearly on point too. such a large mix jim!

cheeeeers jack m'lad, much appreciated man :)

mixing was a but sloppy i felt in points but not enough to make me redo it!

glad you enjoyed it! i completely forgot i had sy fi, was just trawling serato playing things and up it popped, and it in went! (sounds a bit odd that haha).

Cheers for checking as ever mate (y)

gave this a listen mate and thought it was a tight mix, great selection of tracks. Favourite bit was The Upbeats feat. Tasha Baxter - Alone (Fourward Remix) - Sinthetix - Ultraviolet-Zero Method - Subatomic Structure
:rambo:

gave this a listen mate and thought it was a tight mix, great selection of tracks. Favourite bit was The Upbeats feat. Tasha Baxter - Alone (Fourward Remix) - Sinthetix - Ultraviolet-Zero Method - Subatomic Structure
:rambo:

Cheers man :) wanted to get a bit of a heavier section in, shame ultraviolet was slightly out, loses the impact a bit :/

thanks for checking anyway, appreciated (y)

Back
Top Bottom