Jwoods dubstep thing

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Seeing as we have no dubstep DJs left in our society in Hull i did the dubstep one for the promo cds...
kinda my first dubstep type tunes on a deeper tip i'd imagine, thought id post it up before i do a proper dnb one later this month
none the less any feedback or comments from people that dig this kinda thing would be nice

Icicle Ft. Proxima - Breathing Again
Audio - Detekted
Kryptic Minds - Can't Sleep
DJ Madd - New Reality
Photek - Avalanche
Bassbin Twins - Roller Chune
Youngsta - Foreseen
Kryptic Minds - Rubberman
Joker - Purple City
Audio - Emissions (Pixelfist Remix)
Emalkay - Crusader
Distance - Mistral
Kryptic Minds - Time Flies
>> Youngsta - Masai Mara

You always put together quality tings, bro, and I could use a refreshing dose of non-wubwub dubstep. I'll get on this.

just clocked...

promo cds...

??? sounds like a good idea

ps mix lined up feedback soon init!

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

just finished, quality as always. the only track i can safely say i know is breathing again but i enjoyed it man, really chilled. and from what i know i think it covers the artists that dominate that genre of dubstep, maybe? haha. sure it'll go down a treat played out. are you the go-to guy for dubstep at asylum now then? if so, i'd like to request the Photek remix Birdy - Shelter, would be pure vibes played out :)

just clocked...

??? sounds like a good idea

ps mix lined up feedback soon init!

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

just finished, quality as always. the only track i can safely say i know is breathing again but i enjoyed it man, really chilled. and from what i know i think it covers the artists that dominate that genre of dubstep, maybe? haha. sure it'll go down a treat played out. are you the go-to guy for dubstep at asylum now then? if so, i'd like to request the Photek remix Birdy - Shelter, would be pure vibes played out :)

yeah the cds is to hopefully get freshers attention a bit more, can't say no to free mixes!
tbh mate i'm not even sure what i have and havn't covered, just found some tunes i liked and chucked them together, glad you liked it though.
well there's me and jack that do dubstep but we're both primarily dnb djs, il probably go half and half if i have 2 hours, so i'm sure i can throw it in if i'm playing (y)

Seeing as we have no dubstep DJs left in our society in Hull i did the dubstep one for the promo cds...
kinda my first dubstep type tunes on a deeper tip i'd imagine, thought id post it up before i do a proper dnb one later this month
none the less any feedback or comments from people that dig this kinda thing would be nice

Icicle Ft. Proxima - Breathing Again
Audio - Detekted
Kryptic Minds - Can't Sleep
DJ Madd - New Reality
Photek - Avalanche
Bassbin Twins - Roller Chune
Youngsta - Foreseen
Kryptic Minds - Rubberman
Joker - Purple City
Audio - Emissions (Pixelfist Remix)
Emalkay - Crusader
Distance - Mistral
Kryptic Minds - Time Flies
>> Youngsta - Masai Mara

Very nice looking tracklist, will give it a listen at somepoint

Very nice looking tracklist, will give it a listen at somepoint

cheers mate, i know its kinda a " my first dubstep" type tracklisting in regards to depth of artists and such, but any feedback or advice/recommendations you can give would be appreciated (y)

Maaaaaaan Jwoods. This was a sick mix. I loved the vibes on every tune! I need to get my mitts on more dubstep like this, as it would make my mixing so much better overall.

That intro was INSANE, by the way! I would HIGHLY suggest that everyone get on this and that you do more of these types of mixes, bro!

haha you're far too kind mate! cheers for checking and its always really nice to know that it's appreciated by people.
thank icicle for the intro! breathing again is such a big tune.
i'll probably have to do a couple of dub ones every now and then so i keep on top of it, but next project is to do a 90sish set

Not bad but a few clang throughout. (Sorry just being honest).
EQ was pretty good although the levels during Can't Sleep and New Reality needed tweaking. That isn't the easiest mix to pull off though!

Selection was alright but there were a few tracks in there that I weren't feeling.

cheers for checking man (y)

no need to apologise, i fucked up that avalanche mix impressively - i'm still getting to grips with mixing dubstep tbh. honesty is appreciated.

il listen to the can't sleep mix and try and sort out the levelling, a few tunes seems to be quieter so i just need to know them all a bit better i guess.
haha to be honest i'm not entirely sure if i feel all the tunes, don't have enough dubstep to be fussy yet though, all a learning curb. cheers again man

No probs mate, It's can be difficult trying to transition from D&B to Dubstep. Yeah I'm very picky when it comes to Dubstep.
Keep at it though man and you will get to grips with it.

cheers fella,
also anyone thats checked this, if you could recommend stuff along these lines it would be greatly appreciated (y)

Back
Top Bottom