Jwood's August Adventures

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
New month, new mix. as usual a blend of stuff from the techier side to the lighter bits, few scuffs and scrapes but im happy with it otherwise!

any feedback critques etc all welcomed as usual (y)

Alix Perez - Shadows (ft. Strange U)
Skeptical - Cold One
Culture Shock - Protection
Break - Steam Train
Gridlok - Poisonous (ft. Prolix)
Mefjus & Inside Info - Blunt
Ulterior Motive - Lost Contact
Fourward - Streetknowledge
Mefjus & MForce - Struggle & Pain (ft. Maksim)
Noisia & Spor - Falling Through
Foreign Concept - Make it Through
Shimah - Origin of the Cave
Anile - That Night (ft. Jess Brinham)
Mortem - Monoveler
Spectrasoul - In Profile
Bcee - Chameleon
Sinistarr & Kiat - Black Diamonds
THY LVE - What We Promise
Dbridge - Cornered
Andy Skopes - True Human Emotion
Submatic, Dan-e & S-Finesse - Bangra Nights
Jubei - Alignment
Switch - Your Love
Alix Perez - State 808
Grimes - Genesis
>>Clarity - Constant

Oh yeah..

tumblr_mh6tyjZLh71rf6uj9o1_500.gif

cheers man, on reflection it's actually sloppier than i'd have liked but it's a bit late for that now.

danke for listening

listened to this with the after work zoot and a lot of tunes in the mix I haven't even heard before which made the mix even better for me. Huge mix mate big up :gun:

cheers matey! glad it introduced you to some new tunes, my favourite members mixes on here tend to be the ones that do that so glad i managed it for you (y)

appreciated

Wicked mix mate really like this section

Dbridge - Cornered
Andy Skopes - True Human Emotion
Submatic, Dan-e & S-Finesse - Bangra Nights
Jubei - Alignment
Switch - Your Love

Breaks a plenty and that Andy Skoped bit is a facken tune

Amazing intro with Shadows. Love that tune SO much, just haven't played it much myself. Also nice choice waiting till the second half of Shadow to bring in Cold One rmx (as Shadows only has 3 loops of 32 bars, and would sound a little unbalanced with 1 loop sitting either side of the drop). Liked the snappy beats of both Cold One rmx & Shadows working together. Protection – Steam Train….. man that was a wicked blend, the nasty bass in Steam Train pushing out from behind the melodic Protection (& I’m not a huge fan of Protection). And again with Poisonous – Blunt :O not a huge fan of either of them, but the way you got them both rubbing their aggressive choppy bass wobbles up against each other, chopping between each other while keeping them both in was more wickedness.

When Streetknowledge eased down for its breakdown, I could imagine Struggle & Pain sitting very well with it & it did just that, with both funky basslines taking their turn to do some damage in the mix. Enjoyed hearing the shuffling beats of Falling Through whispering their way in for the double. Yet again, another wicked mix, and reminds me to start mixing Falling Through again. Not heard Make It Through before (which was nice), enjoyed the fact the last 2 tunes ended with ‘Through’, but enjoyed hearing Origin Of The Cave even more in the mix.

Not heard Black Diamonds before, and doesn’t sound a lot like Sinistarr stuff of late, but is nice on the ears. The way the drums in Cornered effectively eased into the similar beat in What We Promise was something else….. an exceptional mix right there and brought a big smile to my face :) must get into mixing that THY LVE tune myself. True Human Emotion took the crazy drum work in Cornered to another level, and although not a fan of that breakbeaty drum style of the Andy Skopes tune, I do commend you on sitting those 2 side by side / finding that mix.

Your Love was a wicked contrast with some summery rolling flavours with the bouncy Alignment and deeper State 808 either side of it. Genesis was very nice for a first listen too. Not heard that tune before and made for a quality outro tune with Constant teased into it, just would have liked to hear Constant in the middle of a mix as opposed to teased or at the end of a mix, but that’s just personal preference. Sweet vocals in Genesis still peeking out from behind the airy puffs of Constant and a melodic wind down to the ride once Constant left the mix.

Should have been called ‘jwood’s double drop masterclass’ for the first 7 or so tune section :teeth: and after an hour of fairly varied selection, I do feel like I have been on an adventure, so a very aptly named mix. Tight mixing and quality selection as usual man. Great mix

wow, really good mix s ofar man. liked the stonecold beginning of the mix brrr :) thought protection wouldn't fit there at all, but it did...and was interesting at the same time. very nice and tight mixes so far and i'm just on the 10min mark - want to put this one on the cd as well. oh dear, this is gonna be one hell of a ride. nice one and rock on! :gun:

Back
Top Bottom