Jwood - MMRB : Rat in the Sun

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
I did a liquid mix due to this nice burst of nice weather, went more for blends than mixes and all off the cuff thus the pretty nasty vocal clash with Daydreamer and The Gift.

Thoughts, feedback, critiques welcomed as ever. (y)

Omni Trio - Rogue Satellite (Silent Storm Mix)
Klute - Will You Still Love Me
Kiat & Sinistarr - Black Diamonds
Mark System - Waiting for a Meaningful Title
Calibre - Honey Dew
DRS ft. LSB & Tyler Daley - The View
Seba - Snow
T.E.E.D - Garden (Calibre Remix)
BCee - Breathe In
Technicolour & Komatic - Daydreamer
Spectrasoul - The Gift
Dave Owen - Still Waters
Malaky - My Dreams
Calibre - Mirage
Bcee & S.P.Y - Nothing to Declare
Etherwood - Hold Your Breathe (Spectrasoul Remix)
Mist:ical - Losing Ground
Netsky - Starlight
Physics - Dreamworld (Dbridge Remix)
Roni Size - Want Your Body (Calibre Remix)

Yeah j. Already started this......waiting for a meaningful title/honey dew was pure class mang.

Looking nice j, on it mate

Cheers Dan, hope you enjoy man.

Yes selector. Some luscious gems in there man. Will get on it.

Cheers T Man, I tried to dig out a few bits i've not played in a while, so hopefully they go down well!

Yeah j. Already started this......waiting for a meaningful title/honey dew was pure class mang.

Really appreciated mate, sorry I haven't checked any of yours recently, hardly been on the forum of late

p.s. added downloads now, had to re - upload and forgot to enable them. Doh!

Been a while since I heard Will You Still Love Me. Such a gem that one, happy to have it on vinyl!

All good J not a big deal.....been playin a lot of halftime lately anyway. Had one likwid mix knocking around. This was a good mix. I remember you saying you struggle putting likwid mixes together before so i was happy to hear it and off the cuff to....big tings. I was thinking about maybe starting a thread based on "off the cuff" mixes and calling it the OTC sessions. I love doing that and think it would be fun to hear how everybody plays non planned out sets.

All over this James. Just what is needed with the nice spring weather coming around finally!

Yeah i felt something was lacking for the now lovely and sunny drives to work, so decided I needed to record. Hope you enjoy mate!

that rat in the sun pic is amazing too haha!

Took me a while to find an appropriate one so glad you liked it haha! cheers for checking man

Been a while since I heard Will You Still Love Me. Such a gem that one, happy to have it on vinyl!

Such an underrated tune and album imo. Doesn't get the plays it should.

All good J not a big deal.....been playin a lot of halftime lately anyway. Had one likwid mix knocking around. This was a good mix. I remember you saying you struggle putting likwid mixes together before so i was happy to hear it and off the cuff to....big tings. I was thinking about maybe starting a thread based on "off the cuff" mixes and calling it the OTC sessions. I love doing that and think it would be fun to hear how everybody plays non planned out sets.

Yeah i'm never ever entirely happy with liquid ones as there's always too many vocals and varying keys in my slightly limited collection to really bring out the best in how i mix. That's the way I view it. Yeah it's always nice to hear less planned ones, but then I guess I do the same when playing out so it's practice to see how unthought up stuff is received by people. That could be a good shout!

just downloaded bunch of mixes today and immediately forgot which one was yours, slap your DJ name in the file name next time bossman :) not enough people do this for some reason, i have so many mixes and don't have a clue who by haha

Whirled this a few times J.
Loved the opening track. Really set the mood, fine art of an intro track nailed here IMO.
Selection for me was on point throughout. Played my favourite tune off the System album, Snow, Breathe In, Daydreamer, Still Waters fucking hell I could go on forever.

Fav section was

Garden remix
Breathe In
Daydreamer

Probably not the best technically from you, I really struggle piecing liquid mixes together, getting the keys relatively the same or avoiding vocal clashes, so understand completely.

Last two tunes finished it off nicely IMO. I was looking for an ID of that Dbridge remix for a while so thanks for that! Partly the reason I love members mixes is stumbling across tunes you've been looking for.

Big ups man.

Cheers for the feedback stu, really appreciated. I'd like to think I went down the substance over style route with this one. A few mixes definitely didn't work as well as I'd have liked but as you say, key clashes and such plus a bit of general sloppiness contributed.

Next time I do a liquid one I'll certainly be planning it. Glad you enjoyed it though. Agree with you about the mark system tune, easily the best on the album. Yeah finding those gems is the best bit about member mixes, that and the quality keep me coming back. P.s. You should check the Dbridge remix of that machine drum tune that came out for rsd. It's sublime

Cheers for the feedback stu, really appreciated. I'd like to think I went down the substance over style route with this one. A few mixes definitely didn't work as well as I'd have liked but as you say, key clashes and such plus a bit of general sloppiness contributed.

Next time I do a liquid one I'll certainly be planning it. Glad you enjoyed it though. Agree with you about the mark system tune, easily the best on the album. Yeah finding those gems is the best bit about member mixes, that and the quality keep me coming back. P.s. You should check the Dbridge remix of that machine drum tune that came out for rsd. It's sublime

Ah yes you know! Intro business in that tune as well!

Back
Top Bottom