Justification for 10 year old gear - the EMU samplers

yes you can do that in a computer.

---------- Post added at 03:39 ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 ----------

To try and prove my point I made this in about 15 mins (less actuall cos I got myself a beer half way through).

That's using nothing but Massive. No plug ins. I'm not gonna say it's as good as their sound that's up for you to decide but I do get a bit annoyed with haters hatin on software.

Btw I'm not gonna use this patch in anything prolly so if you want it I'll share.

im not convinced. heard that tune on the ulterior motive podcast, i thought it sounded old tbh, and nothing amazing, nothing against hardware but if you think you cant make the same shit in the box then youre.. something.. :)

if you've got extensive experience with hardware and maintain that point, fair enough. if you never touched an emu sampler and a mackie desk in your life i suggest you pipe down.
i have some experience with it, and i do think you can make the same in the box, but i wouldnt for the life of me know how.
nothing ive encountered in software so far sounds much like desk gain and hardware eq, cept maybe impulses.
the filters of the emu used to be impossible to do itb, now there are a few ways, but it still doesnt yield the same unique sound of the emu.

a little of both is my take on it. i use mainly hardware for my sounds and then its back into cooledit for some more editing and some vsts in fl studio. rinse and repeat. best of both worlds etc.

so logikz youre saying cause you cant, no one can?

butt-load of opinion in that post really, wrapped up angrily trying to sound like fact

im sorry im just not convinced hardware has a magical unreplicable sound

so logikz youre saying cause you cant, no one can?

butt-load of opinion in that post really, wrapped up angrily trying to sound like fact

im sorry im just not convinced hardware has a magical unreplicable sound

you would have been better off if you didn't try to compare your sound to theirs o_O

im trying to find where i mentioned ''my sound'' ?

i just dont like people saying you cant achieve a certain sound without hardware, thats just rubbish..

and i know you didnt say that exactly op and logikz, just trying get the point across..

i didnt mean to sound angry but unless you have experience with the hardware, in this case an emu sampler and a mackie desk together, and know the sound were talking about, its a strictly academical discussion about wether it is theoretically possible or not which is not the level im on. ill freely admit its theoretically or mathematically or whatever possible to do in the box, just like i said.

me personally id love to have me some more hardware looking at a computer all day can get damn boring id like to have something i can play with and change up the creative and work process rather than staring at my daw all day

when i get the urge to fiddle with knobs i just use a cheap usb mixer with 12 knobs on it assigned to midi, then after 5 minutes i get bored and go back to point and click adventures. ( i know its not the same as hardware, i do have some)

Back
Top Bottom