Just wanted to say hi

equaleyez

hi, i'm equaleyez and i'm new to the boards, not to dnb :wazzzup:

I like jump-up & clownstep the most
I produce (fruity loops)

greatz, equaleyez

Last edited:
never heard of, is it in your latest mix? ill go have a look.
so more wobble hey? i will look into that.

Yep it is in Jump Up Madness Vol.03 the tunes by Taxman. heres a link to audio on redeye if you cant be bothered to listen, my sets a double drop thing I dunno if that's what u would like. Link to audio

I don't mean make it anything like that at all. But when I hear the bass you have made I would love to hear the sound sorta oscilate or wobble whatever, I really can't explain very well. I can hear what I mean in my head though,if you wanna come have a look.

Sound like that bass would pound, all slow a grimey'ish.

Few similiar sorta tracks aswell. Double Zero - Sleaze, BHX - Curzon something sorta on those lines maybe?

Last edited:
i see what you mean though, get the lowend to wobble. and more movement in the mids maybe. its a flirt with older jumpup though, like 97 type stuff, if you pitch up the tune a couple of semitones itll sound pretty much like it haha. taxman is an awesome producer.

A and Bing my tune with taxmans too bad is not good for my ego. just not the same type of sound to any of the elements though is it, thats why they sound so different, i try to tell myself.

i see what you mean though, get the lowend to wobble. and more movement in the mids maybe. its a flirt with older jumpup though, like 97 type stuff, if you pitch up the tune a couple of semitones itll sound pretty much like it haha. taxman is an awesome producer.

Yeah something like that, Wud like to hear you the track when you finished it.

What do you use to make your music.

fruitys my sequencer, going to start rewiring it to cubase soon. waves, psp and urs are the plugs i seem to use the most and audition is my editor. ive got a pretty quirky hardware setup which is were i get my sounds from.
that reminds me, i need to buy batteries.

do you make music coshh?

nice tune, like the different basses in it. Maybe you should set the bpm from 176-179 ? think it'll sound better on higher bpm. Good working though, i'll post samples of my tunes soon!

thanks mate glad you like it. i work at 170 bpm nothing higher. but compared to contemporary jump up drum and bass it does seem somewhat slow, i see what you mean.

its just beats and synths at the moment, sounding crisp, cant hear the sub cos im listening on these headphones at the moment but your sound is alot closer to taxman than mine, thats for sure.
my advice to you is to work on getting charachter and depth to your sound. the beat pitching in the intro is the bit im find least likable.

its just beats and synths at the moment, sounding crisp, cant hear the sub cos im listening on these headphones at the moment but your sound is alot closer to taxman than mine, thats for sure.
my advice to you is to work on getting charachter and depth to your sound. the beat pitching in the intro is the bit im find least likable.

I didn't mean you sound n e thing like taxman better examples would of probs been BHX - Curzon or Double Zero - Sleaze, im just liking the dirty low dodgy sounding extended wobbly bassline thing at the moment, it's jump up with bass!!!

I don't have a sound as such yet, I set out to make a liquid track, but that happened. Thanks for that advice, I always struggle with basses, I got loads to learn!!

Last edited:
better examples would of probs been BHX - Curzon or Double Zero - Sleaze,

Thanks for that advice, I always struggle with basses,

no problem, my advice is very general anyway.
but to me, sound is all about charachter.
i struggle with basses too all the time actually.
i like to do my own sounds, so i guess that figures.

ill be sure to check those tunes out, im going to check redeye records if they dont have a clip. doing that now actually.

Back
Top Bottom