Just want to let out a bit of frustration...

Dubstok

Why is it so hard to think of a DJ name?

Dubstok is a bit whack, and hasn't seemed to stick with me been as I haven't played out anywhere yet or recorded any sets, so I fancied a change, but everything I think of either sounds stupid, or is almost guaranteed to be taken by someone else.

FRUSTRATION!

haha dubstok is poor, no offence, i cant really talk cos dirty pimp isnt great, but id like to think people remember it, and its unique!

get a load of words you like, or words that relate to you (eg my nick name was pimp)

then think of some works to go with it, play around till you get something you like the ring off.

It's not hard just make it personal like your nickname or something, scribble down loads of ideas, mix some letters around and have a play with them

umm.. i usualy have a propa look through wiki for and dictionaries for like not very well known names with good definitions, and i sometimes look up the latin names for things like devil, bass, sub ect and find something and boomchakalaka wam bam its done.

Why not try and SPL type stage name
By taking the first letter of your first name
Followed by the first and last letter of your surname
Mine would be DCR
But always ditch the DJ as its way too cliche lol
Luckily i jus use my nickname which is chesh
But i add a 3 instead of the E as its my lucky number =D
Good luck though man
Try finding a meaningful word and take out the vowels
Good luck =D lol

i think its just because scince ur making up ur own name its hard to become happy with anything. but ur used to alot of big people in the scene and so there names seem fine.

for example try and totally forget any drum and bass artists that have ever existed and think this.. is mutt really a good producer name? is lenzman really a good producer name?

if u think about it there totally random and balls but scince there top notch producers ur used to there name. infact, whenever u see there name ur exited for more great music.

umm.. i usualy have a propa look through wiki for and dictionaries for like not very well known names with good definitions, and i sometimes look up the latin names for things like devil, bass, sub ect and find something and boomchakalaka wam bam its done.

boomchakalaka wam bam

There you go right there. Perfect name.

maybe use something that relates well to you?

i always thought if i ever decided to dj/produce id use tmd or 2md
just a personal thing youd have to decide on.

Back
Top Bottom