Just wanna listen..

GoldnSilver

Im brand new here, but this forum seems to have the people with the knowledge.

Im only a kid, but Ive started collecting some drum n bass, this is on vinyl by the way. So far I've been using my Dad's ANCIENT "record player" as he puts it. Its a Dual 405 belt driven player, that probably means nothing to you lot but anyway. It's abit old and rusty as it is literally 30 years old. So as you may be guessing, I want a deck, just one, it has to be able to play my 12" vinyls and I preferablly want it to have a stop/start button, as my 1970's one doesn't. Haha. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
why don't you start mixing man? You clearly have a love for vinyl!

But if not you may as well just get a shitty cheap deck, maybe even a belt drive if you really only want to just play one tune?!

I really really do want to start mixing and yes I do have a love for vinyl, but I've been looking around and it sounds so hard.

Ah thats true. But can any of you reccomend a deck for just listening too? The other thing thats holding me back from getting a set up is money as I am young and my parents aren't gonna just cop out hundreds of pounds for me.

Man, go to your local cash converters or something.
Bound to find a deck or two for less than £60.

And welcome to the forum :)

I started to buy vinyl before I had my decks and played them on my Dads old thing. I got my decks soon after mind, I would say as you seem so keen to mix, and the excitement of when you start mixing two tracks together is so incredible, plus being young you are at an advantage of getting decks early as you have the years to practice. Have a look around and see what you can get, what would be your budget?

If you want just one for now you can probably find a cheap belt drive one for £10-20 on ebay like a soundlab or kam. Search on the distance for local sellers. But then they are probably selling as a pair anyway! So yep cash generators is another option.

Last edited:
Hey mate =]
You did exactly what i did 10 to 15 years ago,
But thats where all the passion is =]
Get yourself a cheap set up of belt drivens,
Direct drives the better, but belts are fine =]
But most of all, listen to your tunes inside out,
So you know what to expect at what time =]
Your on the right track keep going =D

Im brand new here, but this forum seems to have the people with the knowledge.

Im only a kid, but Ive started collecting some drum n bass, this is on vinyl by the way. So far I've been using my Dad's ANCIENCT "record player" as he puts it. Its a Dual 405 belt driven player, that probably means nothing to you lot but anyway. It's abit old and rusty as it is literally 30 years old. So as you may be guessing, I want a deck, just one, it has to be able to play my 12" vinyls and I preferablly want it to have a stop/start button, as my 1970's one doesn't. Haha. Thanks! :)

Hey man, a few things, first of all your not a kid, infact far from it and secondly like what muzzaDJ said you should definately start mixing because if you have a love for vinyl and the music then there is nothing more satisfying than mixing it up and DJing, its pure eargasms all the way haha! I dunno where you live but i have a pair of decent begginer decks which are direct drive (the good type of turntable) which ill gladly get rid of for thirty quid. let me know if your interested boss.

I am a kid, thats not my real age. :S
I'd be happy to buy the decks, I live in Manchester, anywhere near you?

ok man i stand corrected! even better to be honest coz if you do wanna get involved then the earlier you do the better you will be when u actually are 19!
I live in geneva but my spare decks are near brighton which is a fair way to travell but hey, if your ever down that way give me a bell and ill sort u out! they definately worth the money tho for sure. Much better than beginner kams! Either way hope it goes well for ya chap.

Ah tad far for me, but I'll contact you if Im down. Also, I dont put my real age cos people treat my as a 2 year old and patronise me. What decks are they by the way?

Ah tad far for me, but I'll contact you if Im down. Also, I dont put my real age cos people treat my as a 2 year old and patronise me. What decks are they by the way?

i cant for the life of me remember exactly the model but they are omnitronics direct drive, probably at the lower end of the scale but they are heavy and as we all know heavy is good heavy is reliable haha. EZ

Go for the 2 decks mate, mixing is quite hard to begin with but beatmatching is well easy to get the hang of the only hard part for me at the moment is getting some of my mixes to flow nicely. But the basics of mixing are easy to get the hang of, no ones expecting you to be double dropping tunes staight away.

I really really really want to start mixing. The thing is, as Im still in school, I dont have any sort of income. Does anyone know where to look for cheap/good decks? Thanks.

Ive seen that deal, but Ive heard Numark mixers break easily. Basically what are the best brands to look into, which aren't too expensive? Thanks again. :)

Back
Top Bottom