Just the name.. anything....

Discussion in 'Tune ID's' started by pandy06, Mar 8, 2006.

1. pandy06

pandy06 New Member

Hi folks.

Im getting on a bit now, mid 30's but I used to go to alot of events late 80's into the mid 90's.

I have a complete collection of mix sets from 'my' era, and pretty much every tune that I ever loved.

The thing is, I'm missing one and it's driving me insane because of the position Im now in.

I married an american girl 5 years ago and moved to the states where I now reside, the problem was that the track I have 'lost' was on a video from world dance 91 and I couldnt bring it over here because the video system is different.

I dont know the name of it but Im hoping if I describe it well enough I might be able to at least get a name (or even better an mp3 mailed to me ;) )

Now, it was mellow early styled d&b/jungle that relyed heavily on 2 samples.. peeps from around that era may know one of the 2 songs it was sampled from.

The first sample it used was from a lesser known reggae track called Singin' Sweet - When I see you smile.

The sample from that was a high pitched young black voice singing "whoah ho baby, I dunno my baby" and it repeated itself over and over through the track (was kinda a backing sound).

The other sample was alot more well known and came from Buju Banton's "Boom Bye Bye".

Again it repeated itself throughout the track - "boom ba boom bye, bye 'ead, boom ba boom bye, bye ead"

I remember this as my main comedown tune when we went raving.. it wasnt what I would call a screaming dance track it was an event ending chill song.

It was the last song on the Lydd Airport World Dance 91 (mightve been 92) video.

Does anyone have a name and artist of this track?

If I need to I can rip the samples Im talking about and host them, maybe if you heard the actual samples used in the track it might jar the memory a bit better.

Sorry this is my first post, Im usually a man of few words but I simply must get this song, it's like missing a child or something :(

Thanks !

Andy

2. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Moved to Tune ID's.

I'm sure someone may know, the folks around these parts are quite knowledgable when they want to be.
    If you can post some audio or a clip or something, that will help greatly (y)

3. Dara

Dara Member

Check your PMs.

4. pandy06

pandy06 New Member