Just Started Production

ONSLAUGHT88

VIP Junglist
So I got reason 5 now, I know how to use it a lil bit. Just wondering where the best place to get drum samples from?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot more questions coming this way.

Snaz

You can find plenty of samples on the various forum threads but i would start by getting yourself one of the dnb sample cd's and taking it from there.

Then at least you will have a good chance of starting off with some quality sounds in your sample library.

Snaz

Vengeance Sample CD's are also very good quality samples. Essential House 1 and 2 CD's have some very good kicks and snares as well as some nice cymbals amongst other things. They have been quoted previously as a must have for all dnb producers. make sure you try and find em.

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
I have pretty much all of the vengeance packs. Clubsounds 1 & 2, minimal house vol 1, electro, bass sounds, effects vol 1 & 2 and also the Danny Byrd sample pack. To be honest I very rarely use the danny byrd one, the vengeance packs are so vast and useful.

MARKLAR

International Tracksuit Salesman
VIP Junglist
yea i rarely use the danny byrd one any more but it is a good startin one with snappy snares an punchy kicks etc

I have pretty much all of the vengeance packs. Clubsounds 1 & 2, minimal house vol 1, electro, bass sounds, effects vol 1 & 2 and also the Danny Byrd sample pack. To be honest I very rarely use the danny byrd one, the vengeance packs are so vast and useful.
Funny I also have the exact same sample packs but no more, looks like we may have found them in the same place ;)

djad

leo the lion
VIP Junglist
Ive just started producing again. I D/L the free FL demo and im thinking bout going for that. Learning from videos and what have you. Im guessing that vst's are the way to go.. *stratches head*

Drumsound & Bassline Smith hospitality pack is pretty good. But like the others said, your best starting with the VECs. If there's any sound you need its most likely in them.