just started making tunes in fl 10 a few months ago.just looking for some feedback :)

Re: just started making tunes in fl 10 a few months ago.just looking for some feedbac

i like the initial idea in the 2nd track (the vocal sample sounds alright) but yeah id just keep working on it. i could say obvious things like get some shakers in there or something but i think practically every element needs more work. to sound good in 2012 you have to work pretty hard sometimes i sit and listen to what i've just made and throw it straight in the trash because it just doesn't sound right, bounce the parts that work discard things that don't work.

Re: just started making tunes in fl 10 a few months ago.just looking for some feedbac

thanks for taking the time ..the second track i dont know what went wrong with the eq,,but i like the sample to..maybe ill rework the track.and spend a lil more time on
as for the first track i still need to make a drum kit for it ,,as it has just a drum loop i found. im not really sure what im doing tho lol

thanks again for taking the time to reply

I like the first track. The kick and snare are ok. I think you need more sub bass. One cool thing you could do is to find a break like the amen. Cut out the kick and snare and replace the bongos with it. This will help give your drums more life. I would say your on a pretty good start.

Second track idea is quite good but the drums seem distant an weak compared to the bass. That'd be my where I'd start to improve on it.

The vocals work but could be better, perhaps work on the timing by importing to Ableton or something similar if you have it?

drums on the first track sound nice, id stay away from acid house sounds though haha that bubbley bass at the start sounds a little amateur, the wobble and the screams sound nice they just need alot of refining and re sampling to tidy them up and make them fit together, the second track is alot better in my opiniom, i just think you gotta put that high end back on the main bass sound, it sounds filtered out, and the drums need to be turned up and eqd in, definitely a good start though! my first tunes werent as good as these

thanks for taking the time to listen and give me some USEFUL advice lol got alot to take on board just from these few reply's.im defo going to listen to iv4 on his info and on my othher post thanks m8..and alcaponeuk n dfc101 thanks for having a listen im going to tweek the bubbly bass the scream and stuff i worked on for a wile with massive re sampled it a few times i didnt relise how much work goes in to getting the sound you want ,,cant just rely on presets.do enjoy making beats so im willing to learn.i have ableton as well ill try sort that sample a lil i chopped all of that from a 30 min anti drug vid from the 50's love it
THANKS again peace!

Back
Top Bottom