Just Quit My Job.

t345e

VIP Junglist
So after 9 months of 60+ hours a week on a 13.5k salary I've handed in the towel. I have no back up option, but felt the time was right. Don't think I've ever felt so low working in that place. I feel fucking liberated. A new man. This time I'm going to find a job I actually want to do and not just grab the first thing I can. Is this the case with most employers at the moment? Making you work like a fucking dog for next to nothing? Have I just made a big mistake?

Smickus

VIP Junglist
You might of made a big mistake, better to have a job lined up before you quit... But sometimes it is too horrible working somewhere like that... Fair play!

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
I really really envy you. I wish i could just quit my job. Worked here 6 years and recieved a whopping 1.5% payrise over 6 years.

D

dirty breaks

So after 9 months of 60+ hours a week on a 13.5k salary I've handed in the towel. I have no back up option, but felt the time was right. Don't think I've ever felt so low working in that place. I feel fucking liberated. A new man. This time I'm going to find a job I actually want to do and not just grab the first thing I can. Is this the case with most employers at the moment? Making you work like a fucking dog for next to nothing? Have I just made a big mistake?
stop worrying. you've only got one life mate, so do everything you can to please yourself and make yourself happy. fuck everyone else. and money is just paper with a number written on it, so don't worry about that. :2thumbs:

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Best of luck with finding a new job mate. Hope you get something that makes you more happy. Never did catch your real name though, so from now on you will be dubbed as Trevor.

Last edited:

t345e

VIP Junglist
what were you doing, can I ask? What do you want to do?
I was an estate agent man, selling houses. Fucking long hours! 8 til 8 in the weekdays and 830 til 6 saturdays, no lunch break, spending ridiculous amounts on petrol. All social life out the window as I'm too tired to anything after work to function, can't go out on Friday nights as need to have a level head on Saturday man just fucking all round bitch really.

did you not look get another job before you left that one?
Yeh I've got a few companies I'm gonna hit up that I know there's a good chance I'll get employed. More of a spur of the moment type of thing though really man, the time felt right. Went in for a 'chat' with the director to see how I was progressing, ended up with me getting into a dicussion with him about things I wasn't happy with. They still at this point hadn't given me a full time contract, so said 'Do you want me to work for you? Are you going to give me a perminent contract?' They said 'Go and have a coffee and we will talk about it, come back in half an hour.' I walked out and never came back.

I really really envy you. I wish i could just quit my job. Worked here 6 years and recieved a whopping 1.5% payrise over 6 years.
Wasn't easy man, big learning curve. Feel much better for it now. Onwards and upwards innit.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
ah yes, trevor. its you. this will be a fortuitous turn of events, you must be vigilant. i have to drink beer and smoke cigarettes. then finger girls, on the couch.

t345e

VIP Junglist
stop worrying. you've only got one life mate, so do everything you can to please yourself and make yourself happy. fuck everyone else. and money is just paper with a number written on it, so don't worry about that. :2thumbs:
Ennit man, safe for confirming my thoughts.

Best of luck with finding a new job mate. Hope you get something that makes you more happy. Never did catch your real name though, so from now on you will be dubbed as Trevor.
NO FUCKING WAY how you guess my name man??!!

Actually my real name as Jack. My followers call me MC Woolworths.

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
you £13,500 a year being an Estate Agent? You were either shit at your job or were getting majorly slapped! I have mates who have earnt more than that in commission alone!

t345e

VIP Junglist
you £13,500 a year being an Estate Agent? You were either shit at your job or were getting majorly slapped! I have mates who have earnt more than that in commission alone!
That was my basic man, had comission on top of that. The best I got was one month was £750 extra. But average was around £250 as i didnt hit my targets first couple of months. Probably more like £18k after commission.... still fucking shit money either way you look at it.

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
Yeh, even £18k for 60 hours work is pretty gash.

Me personally, I would have had a job lined up first. No matter how bad it was. Especially in the current economic situation.

Hombre-J

Currently Ballsacked
VIP Junglist
Sounds like your previous employers were bending you over a bit Trev.

As long as you're open to a fair few different avenues and not a dickhead (armed) - there's definitely jobs out there.

Of course if you can't find anything you could always be in charge of shaving the midgets that logikz catches with his silk net