Just ordered iscratch mixlive digital vinyl system. Coupla questions.

Forau

VIP Junglist
Basically i ordered the iscratch mixlive bundle, i managed to get it B-stock for £42 including postage, and it rrp's at like 70-100 quid.
I bought it because i desperately want a dvs, and was going to go for serato SL3 but i just cant justify the money seeing as im recently unemployed.
I figured i could make my money back on it once i get on the employment ladder and get myself serato.

Just 2 questions really....

1) Can i possibly use traktor with this DVS? I know it wont work with the serato software as its 100% rane hardware only, but wasnt sure about traktor?

2) Could i use the serato or traktor timecoded vinyl as the mixlive one is green and it looks fucking disgusting?

I haven't looked into it but I imagine you probably an use it, just be wary as it probably won't be able to handle the full functionality. Like it may not have fast enough bandwidth and have more lag etc. than a better one would and so not work nearly as well.

I haven't looked into it but I imagine you probably an use it, just be wary as it probably won't be able to handle the full functionality. Like it may not have fast enough bandwidth and have more lag etc. than a better one would and so not work nearly as well.

Yeah. I literally just want to be able to mix with it, dont care about all the bells and whistles. A waveform would be nice though. Apparently you can use the hardware with virtual dj, but i wanna avoid that. I want to maintain some degree of proffessionalism and at least use traktor lol.

Jaro, wouldnt have anywhere near this amount of questions if i had my job, i used to be a "buy now ask questions later" lol.

Yeah. I literally just want to be able to mix with it, dont care about all the bells and whistles. A waveform would be nice though.

Why dont you just see how you get on with the software bundled with it as that has a waveform etc?

Intimidation are no NI/Rane but they are not bad, I can't see there being to much of a prblem with it if you only want to mix.

I just wanted to use traktor so learning on a budget dvs would be somewhat transferrable onto a better setup. But i guess its all same principle and that. I'll try and get it working with traktor, but if no joy im not too bothered.

How about using the serato or traktor timecodes? Im realllly not a fan of those janky looking lime green timecodes lol.

I imagine what timecode you will use will have to depend on what software you use. It should make no difference to the hardware (although if they timecode samples at a higher frequency than the hardware can take you may experience seriay fuck ups). All the software may use the same time code vinyl for all I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they each had their own patented method. Just guessing though

Well it arrived yesterday, and its pretrty awesome, it does the job and for £40 odd quid im not complaining at all.

Just having issues getting it working in different software. Only the right deck is ever recognised in every bit of software (except the mixlive software it came with, it works flawlessly in it, but the software is terrible).

Has anyone had any experience getting it working with traktor or vdj? Id prefer it in traktor, but even vdj is a step up from the mixlive software =P.

Probably the only thing i REALLY like about the software is you can set it to scan the bpm's of your tracks, and you can tell it the tracks are majority between 140 and 200bpm, so you get the accurate bpm reading. And if you cba waiting for it to scan your whole collection, you can just right click a track you want to change the bpm of and it'll say BPM: x2. Which is a pretty good feature if you rely on having bpm's in front of you.

Last edited:
picked this up the other week and finally got round to setting up today..

Got it working fine with traktor after a bit of fiddling, both decks working great. With traktor you can also play proper vinyl through it aswell using the phono button on the soundcard (don't think you can do this on their own software). Timecodes aren't that responsive, especially if you're used to playing vinyl, but for mixing it does the job pretty well.

Only gripe is the sound quality, lots of pops and crackling.. should hopefully be able to sort that one out though.

All in all it's pretty good for 40 quid..

Virtual DJ is on paper the best software out there...

Its compatible with serato and tractor hardware.
It has effect banks that far extend the reach of the others.
4 decks and 6 sample banks makes it on par with serato having the maximum number of audio files that can be used
VDJing built in, no extra hardware required
Rewire capability with ableton (like seratos "bridge")

Either free or £200 for the full bells and whistles makes it 1/2 of the competition with capability across their product ranges...if you were to buy the above from NI or rage you would spend over £1000

Im a serto user but have tried vdj with the hardware, no problems, no real differences, possibly not as stable/smooth but defiantly a option for some.

My input

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

Just read your post above...sound quality won't be vastly affected during playback, only during high lately signals such as sratching...might be a setup issue there if your having pops/crackles

picked this up the other week and finally got round to setting up today..

Got it working fine with traktor after a bit of fiddling, both decks working great. With traktor you can also play proper vinyl through it aswell using the phono button on the soundcard (don't think you can do this on their own software). Timecodes aren't that responsive, especially if you're used to playing vinyl, but for mixing it does the job pretty well.

Only gripe is the sound quality, lots of pops and crackling.. should hopefully be able to sort that one out though.

All in all it's pretty good for 40 quid..

How the hell did you get it working with traktor!!??? I tried and it only detects my right deck, AND it wont actually let me play anything, i load a track and put the stylus on and it does shit all :/.
Reckon you could take a few screenshots of how you got it set up? And what version of traktor?

Hmm, i dont have a gripe with sound quality. Obviously i prefer the nice vinyl sound, but i dont get any pops or crackles in my tunes. (One thing i did notice is if i have my faders down pretty low i get a little bit of static'y noise, but if i crank them to 3/4 up it goes away, but i think that could be my mixer).

How the hell did you get it working with traktor!!??? I tried and it only detects my right deck, AND it wont actually let me play anything, i load a track and put the stylus on and it does shit all :/.
Reckon you could take a few screenshots of how you got it set up? And what version of traktor?

Hmm, i dont have a gripe with sound quality. Obviously i prefer the nice vinyl sound, but i dont get any pops or crackles in my tunes. (One thing i did notice is if i have my faders down pretty low i get a little bit of static'y noise, but if i crank them to 3/4 up it goes away, but i think that could be my mixer).

Using traktor scratch pro on a mates laptop at the moment.. I don't think timecodes work with just regular traktor, which is a pain in the arse because you can't buy the traktor scratch software individually, you have to buy the whole timecode setup with it. So basically when it comes round to using it on my own laptop i'm buggered.

The setup in traktor scratch is pretty much exactly the same as in mixlive, just match up the inputs and outputs. The only weird thing was that to make audio run at full speed (175ish for dnb) you have to play the 33rpm timecode at 45 rpm on the deck. Don't really understand why but it worked anyway..

Think it said in the manual somewhere that the pops and crackles might be from other programs being used at the same time so will have a look at that..

Did you have a problem with the mixlive software? I tried using it but gave up pretty soon because whenever i tried loading up a track it just said 'analyzing bpm' and doesnt load a waveform at all and no audio comes out..

Nope, had no problems whatsoever.

Although i went to my mates to set it up for a house party we're having tonight and we got farrrrr too baked and couldnt set it up at all. It takes like 4 minutes to set up, and it took us almost 4 hours, then we gave up. lol. Gonna go over his now and set it all up THEN have a smoke. Not making that mistake again lol.

Hmmm, i might have to check it out again.
Yeah i have traktor scratch pro, i might just re-setup the lot from scratch again and see how it goes as you say you had no worries setting it up :/

fixed the crackle thing now.. turns out the latency was set to 1 ms. sound is perfect now at 5 ms

is it possible anyone has a link to get the iscratch mix live software that comes bundled with the package from as I've lost my disc and can't find a link for the life of me

Back
Top Bottom