Just loaded a new tune on the cloud

Nice quick intro but could be better mixed, a little loud on my monitors.

Try to compress that snare some more and lose the long tail on it?

Nice widened growly bass but still trying to gather whether it suits to be wide in the mix. It sounds as though it's right on the outsides.

Maybe have the sub bass come in at :11? The quick intro fully gives the impression it's going to kick in there hehe.

Nice fills and FX scattered throughout. Maybe variate that snare with some lower off beats every 16 bars or so?

And finally try adding a pad or string to that second break to give a different feel to the first and fill it out more.

For the second drop, try go back to no drums and get some mood flowing with some moving sounds and some clever filtering to bring it back to the drop. It's got a decent feel to it. :)

thanks for the feedback guys. yeah, i haven't mixed it down yet. i kinda thought about shelving it unless i can come up with somewhere to take it. we'll see what happens to it over the next few days...

00:55 - 1:05 I would definitely introduce something there... some kind of swell... Pad doing some kind of rise.

1:44 - 1:46 I would maybe alternate that riff between the pitch it's at and down an Octave as well...?...

Drop was solid, tune is fun. Prod doesn't sound bad on my cheap comp speaks.

mate this is a really feel good liquid tune! with everything equalized mixdownd and masterd this would be one of those how u say bangers!! very niiice

its got to be a good beat to get me raving u know

i will have to go back and listen on my monitors (not like they are any better than my built in laptop speakers!) and see about the snare. i typically use three snares, so it is likely just an eq issue. thanks for the feedback guys, i always try to feedback every track on this forum (probably only get to about 75% though). nice to get it back.

The snare is a little too overpowering and really needs to be compressed plus the reverb tail on it is too long in my opinion. Have you given it a low cut? Sounds as though there's too much bottom end on it. But definitely compress it more.

yeah exactly what druu said, do this and maybe add more of a prominent bassline and i think this track is allll goood! well done

sounds familiar to another track i've heard before, but can't make out what it is..hmmm. but anyway nice track man, really feeling the summer vibes off this one, even though were coming into autumn :(

Sorry for the late reply. Loving the overall flow of the track, nice progression. I do agree about the bassline, but in this sub-style of dnb, the bassline should be like that. You obviously have a good ability for making dnb tracks...shame i just love mine far darker ;)

@ emmeeji

yeah, normally i like things a little darker myself. i just stumbled upon this hook and was feeling it, and i just let it roll. i'm just getting back into producing after a few years off, so i think as i get used to things again, my tracks will start to sound a little more like yours. i guess that, ultimately, if it's dnb i like writing it! thanks for the listen, looking forward to more from you, too...

Back
Top Bottom