Just Introduced to DNB requesting help

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by stuckie27, Dec 26, 2002.

1. stuckie27

stuckie27 New Member

I have been interested in electronic music for about 3 years. I was introduced to the music genera by none other than Fat Boy Slim, and gradually I have found the type of electronic music that pleases me. I currently listen to trance artists like, BT and DJ Tiesto. I have a passion for this type of music. But I also listen to Progressive (John Digweed, Dave Seamen), Hard trance (Gary D.), Goa (Juno Reactor), and a little bit of other stuff.

I recently went to a club in the twin cities called "The Quest" and saw DEV a "up and coming DnB DJ." I was intrigued by his music and this is primarily why I am typing this today. I really like the fast beats and the heavy emoting, I liked the energy of the music.

Then I was at Barnes and Noble later that week I was looking at magazines and I found Knowledge. I bought the December 2002 issue. I was interested because of the content being entirely DnB ,and I wanted to hear the music that was on the CD.

From reading some of the threads here I have seen that the members here are familiar with this mag. I ask the people that have this issue to listen to the "free CD" that comes with and turn to the last tracks (14 through the end). I again ask that you identify what type of DnB this is and what artists are similar to this type of music.

For everybody else I just want some suggestions on artists and specific tracks to listen to.

Thanks for your help and for not flaming on my music choice.
    :D

2. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert or much of a tech dnb fan but here's a few labels you can check out:

DSCI4
    Underfire
    Zero G
    Nerve
    Trouble on Vinyl (better of going for their newest stuff)
    Square one
    Gain
    G2
    Stealth

3. overhere51

overhere51 Member

come on over to www.negativedesign.com/forum for the dsci4 forum. there's a lot of good discussions on those styles, labels, artists, etc.

btw, dsci4 = decipher.

good luck!!

4. stuckie27

stuckie27 New Member

no more help?????

5. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

Listen to Technical Itch... cause his stuffs pretty dark. You should like it. :zest:

6. crazytony

crazytony New Member

7. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

The stuff about the CD.... shouldn't that be in the magazine with the tracklisting thingy? Or am I wrong lol